figured you guys would LOVE this Armstrong article

...good for lance and the austin, texas cycling community. glad to see he's putting his reputation up for a worthy endeavour. just wondering if it's a coincidence that the shop is near the zona and its college coed clientele or simply a nike marketing push point...

I would be more impressed if instead of Carmichael training he had Dr. Ferrari training. An in store pharmacy and blood storage at a reasonable price would be nice.

Bro Deal said:
I would be more impressed if instead of Carmichael training he had Dr. Ferrari training. An in store pharmacy and blood storage at a reasonable price would be nice.
You know, if he were honest enough to do that, I would lower my contempt for him.

I don't know...it sounds kinda cool to me...:eek:

Kinda like a cycling version of Bass Pro Shops :D.

It does sound like a cool store. You have to wonder, though, what the other Austin shops (not owned by multi-multimillionaires) are thinking.

Is he going to be sitting in his shop as a mechanic or something? That would be something - to see LA in a shop with all the mechanics' tools, etc. and telling each customer, "Hey man! You know who I am? I am LA. I won TdF seven times...".

Sorry if this is too cheesy to be humorous. :p

kennf said:
It does sound like a cool store. You have to wonder, though, what the other Austin shops (not owned by multi-multimillionaires) are thinking.
Maybe if they specialize in something other than "high end Treks" they will be okay.

They could put a sign outside that says, "Luigi's Bike Shop: Where the Owner Will Not Hit on Your Daughter"

thoughtforfood said:
He isn't building it in my city, so what is my motivation to reduce my level of contempt?
I don't think his handlers told him it's all about you. I'm sure if he knew he would have built one in your, and all those who feel like you, backyard. Anyway, I'm glad he didn't, the entertainment value of this forum would take a big hit and a lot of fine lbs's would be put out of business. Personally, I hope you and yours carry your self-righteous contempt to your grave.