File this under "You have got to be F'ing kidding me"

thoughtforfood

Jul 24, 2007
Frem Cyclingnews:
Bruyneel to US TV for Tour de France

Team Astana won't be riding the Tour de France this year, but team manager Johan Bruyneel will be involved with the race anyway. The Belgian will serve as commentator for American television Versus for the last week of the race, which includes the Alps stages, such as the mountaintop finish on L'Alpe d'Huez. During the first two weeks of the Tour, the Belgian will be in the US promoting his new book, "We Might As Well Win", which was issued in the US on June 3.

Astana spokesman Philippe Maertens confirmed to Cyclingnews Bruyneel's upcoming TV appearance, noting that Bruyneel "has a good relationship with the Americans since Armstrong's time," and wryly adding, "after all, he was 'free' in July."
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?id=news/2008/jun08/jun06news2

I think the original title of his book was:

"Everyone Is Doping: We Might As Well Win"

... but the publishers probably edited out the first bit... :rolleyes:

Wonder how many times he and Bob Roll will questions "how different things would be" if Contador were there, and of course throw in the requisite jabs at ASO.

thoughtforfood said:
Frem Cyclingnews:

Team Astana won't be riding the Tour de France this year, but team manager Johan Bruyneel will be involved with the race anyway. The Belgian will serve as commentator for American television Versus for the last week of the race, which includes the Alps stages, such as the mountaintop finish on L'Alpe d'Huez. During the first two weeks of the Tour, the Belgian will be in the US promoting his new book, "We Might As Well Win", which was issued in the US on June 3.

Astana spokesman Philippe Maertens confirmed to Cyclingnews Bruyneel's upcoming TV appearance, noting that Bruyneel "has a good relationship with the Americans since Armstrong's time," and wryly adding, "after all, he was 'free' in July."
Wow...you've gotta be f'ing kidding me??? :p

Just think how much there will be to post about now...

JB: Contador with the same produ... euh the same form of his last TDF would have beaten all of them...

kennf said:
Wonder how many times he and Bob Roll will questions "how different things would be" if Contador were there, and of course throw in the requisite jabs at ASO.
Hopefull the Hog will only grace us with his presence during the evening prime-time edition. I hope.

angry-smiley-7996.gif
Why, oh why didn't the Hog get the hell out of cycling when Disco pulled out of the sport?

earth_dweller said:
got to pay for all those cosmetic surgeries for his wife
Do you think JB has successfully coached her on the blessings of high cadence... :p

I think I might be struck off Johan's Christmas card list now... :(

thoughtforfood said:
Frem Cyclingnews:

come on Frankie, go to work on the Hog.

thunder said:
come on Frankie, go to work on the Hog.
ooh....I imagine that pairing will be a bit uncomfortable. I pray that cyclingfans will do the double stream of audio and video for the TdF because I will not watch that ****. I have no desire to be screaming obscenities while trying to watch a race. I refuse to watch unless I have no other option. I have a nice big monotor with a great video card, and an equally good sound card and speaker system hooked up to my computer. I have no desire or need to watch that **** unless cyclingfans lets us down, which I pray will not happen.

thoughtforfood said:
ooh....I imagine that pairing will be a bit uncomfortable. I pray that cyclingfans will do the double stream of audio and video for the TdF because I will not watch that ****. I have no desire to be screaming obscenities while trying to watch a race. I refuse to watch unless I have no other option. I have a nice big monotor with a great video card, and an equally good sound card and speaker system hooked up to my computer. I have no desire or need to watch that **** unless cyclingfans lets us down, which I pray will not happen.
I was none too pleased reading that either. At least it's only the last week.

I tend to tape the morning version with Phil and Paul and watch that at night instead of Bob and Al commentating. So, perhaps Johan will be featured more at night. If not, the Fast Fwd button works well.

This is so cool. Commentary from the best mind in the business. It will be like we are in the team car. I wonder if Chris Carmichelle will drop into the booth. That would be tres cool. Awesome.

thoughtforfood said:
Frem Cyclingnews:

I think it is time for Versus knows our feelings

Drop them a line, The only Hog I want to see in July is at a barbque
[email protected]

Jeff Vader said:
This is so cool. Commentary from the best mind in the business. It will be like we are in the team car. I wonder if Chris Carmichelle will drop into the booth. That would be tres cool. Awesome.
Yes we could hear all about the magic of the high cadence, and of course the unbelievable training ... did you know that no other team ever pre-rode any of the Tour de France's stages before Armstrong? really....

The Discotana folks are all boycotting the Tour so it's a pity they won't get to see this.