File this under "You have got to be F'ing kidding me"

thoughtforfood said:
JEFF VADER ******' RULES!!!!!!!!!......finally got that right
So you, Jeff, and now Rules has fcuked Vader. Am I the only one left who hasn't?

Luckily here in Europe we have a good choice of channels covering the TDF and are not reliant upon the channel referred to in the initial post.

Poor lickle Bruyneel with his lickle face pressed up against the window..........................not able to take part in the race.

Let's be honest, He may be a step up from Bob, Phil and Paul. Seriouly, let it go, he's a good Team director juice or not. Disco wasn't the only team with a successful doping programe anyway.

hawkeye87 said:
I was none too pleased reading that either. At least it's only the last week.

I tend to tape the morning version with Phil and Paul and watch that at night instead of Bob and Al commentating. So, perhaps Johan will be featured more at night. If not, the Fast Fwd button works well.

azdroptop said:
Let's be honest, He may be a step up from Bob, Phil and Paul. Seriouly, let it go, he's a good Team director juice or not. Disco wasn't the only team with a successful doping programe anyway.
Its not that hes a poor team director that many have a problem with, its that he's a big ******. People dont tend to like wankers, strangely enough.

oely said:
Its not that hes a poor team director that many have a problem with, its that he's a big ******. People dont tend to like wankers, strangely enough.
you gotta admit, his wife is a peach.

I just found out from wiki the full title of his book:

We Might As Well Win: On the Road to Success with the Mastermind Behind a Record-Setting Eight Tour de France Victories

The "Mastermind'.

"Go Lance! Keep Going Lance! You can do it Lance! You're catching him Lance! Keep it up Lance!!"

Lance should feel indebted to him.

"Right... tomorrow guys.... I want you to all ride in circle around Lance... at the front of the bunch for as long as you can.... then Lance... near the end... you go by yourself .....okay."

Crankyfeet said:

We Might As Well Win: On the Road to Success with the Mastermind Behind a Record-Setting Eight Tour de France Victories

The "Mastermind'.

"Go Lance! Keep Going Lance! You can do it Lance! You're catching him Lance! Keep it up Lance!!"

"Right... tomorrow guys.... I want you to all ride in circle around Lance... at the front of the bunch for as long as you can.... then Lance... near trhe end... you go by yourself .....okay."
and dont worry 'bout the blood, I'll have it there for dinner, with a hot bath for when you get off the bike. Remember, in Paris, I already have organised the groupies.

thunder said:
and dont worry 'bout the blood, I'll have it there for dinner, with a hot bath for when you get off the bike. Remember, in Paris, I already have organised the groupies.
Well... perhaps 98% of his mastermind duty was getting the blood-bags to the refuel areas without getting caught.

Crankyfeet said:
Well... perhaps 98% of his mastermind duty was getting the blood-bags to the refuel areas without getting caught.
love to be able to get in the press conference with bruyneel at the tour and ask him.

thunder said:
love to be able to get in the press conference with bruyneel at the tour and ask him.
I'd like to see you there thunder... but you will just get the incredulous look like "Who's this Aussie joker?"

Wasn't he also mastermind of the opponent face-read? He studied the faces of all of Lance's main opponents to work out their "tells" like an expert poker player. He was invaluable.

Crankyfeet said:

The "Mastermind'.

"Right... tomorrow guys.... I want you to all ride in circle around Lance... at the front of the bunch for as long as you can.... then Lance... near the end... you go by yourself .....okay."
HILARIOUS!!

Crankyfeet said:

The "Mastermind'.
I bet that is closer to the truth than anything else in the book. The problem is he can't tell us what he was masterminding. It would probably be a very enlightening book, but instead it will be the same nonsense that has been put out for years (e.g. trained harder, high cadence, weight loss, motivation, etc.).

Maybe his true "mastermind" ability is to mule blood bags the way Christopher Walken carried that watch in Pulp Fiction.