Filles ,Girls

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Doc, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. Doc

    Doc Guest

    Il n'y a pas de filles sur ce groupe de discussion? No girls on this discussion group? Please I want
    to hear you girls. Je veux vous entendre les filles. Doc

    Tags:

  2. Jeune Fille

    Jeune Fille Guest

    In article <[email protected]>, "Doc" <[email protected]> wrote:

    > Il n'y a pas de filles sur ce groupe de discussion? No girls on this discussion group? Please I
    > want to hear you girls. Je veux vous entendre les filles. Doc

    You wanna talk about my bottom bracket? My double butting? The stiffness of my frame?

    Ma p'tit chou. . .

  3. Frank Burke

    Frank Burke Guest

    He probably suffers from "quick release."

    Jeune Fille wrote:

    > In article <[email protected]>, "Doc" <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > > Il n'y a pas de filles sur ce groupe de discussion? No girls on this discussion group? Please I
    > > want to hear you girls. Je veux vous entendre les filles. Doc
    > >

    > You wanna talk about my bottom bracket? My double butting? The stiffness of my frame?
    >
    > Ma p'tit chou. . .

  4. A Muzi

    A Muzi Guest

  5. J. Ouellet

    J. Ouellet Guest

    Alta Vista does not translate all "subtilities" of a language.

    "Mon p'tit chou" should translate more like "My little honey" ...

    "My p'tit cabbage" ?!?... ;-) don't worry, we also smile at some "English to French"
    cyber-translation :-D

    Talking "language", I wonder why english speaking cyclists use the French word "panniers" for
    bicycle bags. Actually, in French "paniers" means : basket ...

    The French word for bicycle touring bags is: "sacoches"

    By the way, I'm looking for new sacoches (or "panniers). Anybody ever heard of or used ARKEL
    "panniers" ? If yes, do you think that's a good and reliable choice for a 3-4 weeks self-supported
    ride off road, in the bush, far from "Nowheretown" ? Any suggestions ?

    J. Ouellet

    "A Muzi" <[email protected]> a √©crit dans le message news: [email protected]
    > "Jeune Fille" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]... -snip-
    > > Ma p'tit chou. . .
    >
    > ??? Alta Vista's translation utility returns: "My p' tit cabbage "
    >
    > It's as if the French have a different word for _everything_!
    > --
    > Andrew Muzi http://www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1 April 1971

  6. Robin Hubert

    Robin Hubert Guest

    "J. Ouellet" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Alta Vista does not translate all "subtilities" of a language.
    >
    > "Mon p'tit chou" should translate more like "My little honey" ...
    >
    > "My p'tit cabbage" ?!?... ;-) don't worry, we also smile at some "English to French"
    > cyber-translation :-D
    >
    > Talking "language", I wonder why english speaking cyclists use the French word "panniers" for
    > bicycle bags. Actually, in French "paniers" means : basket ...
    >
    > The French word for bicycle touring bags is: "sacoches"
    >
    > By the way, I'm looking for new sacoches (or "panniers). Anybody ever
    heard
    > of or used ARKEL "panniers" ? If yes, do you think that's a good and reliable choice for a 3-4
    > weeks self-supported ride off road, in the bush, far from "Nowheretown" ? Any suggestions ?

    I am very impressed with the Arkel panniers et. al. They appear to be very well thought out,
    designed, and excellently constructed.

    Robin Hubert