Finally bought my 1st road bike: 04' Allez Triple on close-out ($499)

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by vegasbabee, Apr 20, 2005.

1. vegasbabee

vegasbabee New Member

I just want to get biking because the weather here in Vegas is getting to be awesome and don't want to spend a whole lot of money. My LBS had a close-out '04 62 cm (which is probably why they couldn't get rid of it) Specialized Allez Triple. They fitted me, threw in a couple of water bottle frames/ bottles and I get free adjustments for 30 days.

I'm 6' 2" -200 lbs 34 inseam and was sized for a 61. The bike was a tad too large for me in top-tube length in it's stock shape , but we made it work by switching out the 130 mm -10 degree stem and put in a 75mm 7 degree Bontrager Race-Lite stem -this swap shortened the reach by a slightly more than 2" and now the bike fits perfectly!

The bike is VERY stable and smooth at hi-speeds. There is alot to be said for big, airy frames

I got a nice helmet on sale and after I'd like to get a good deal somewhere on decent clipless pedals and shoes.

Thanks for all of you talking me out of buying from Bikes Direct. There is alot to be said for being able to depend on one LBS for your cycling needs.

Hope I did OK for under $500.00!http://www.specialized.com/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=5975&JServSessionIdroot=64ozys4m4i.j27010
    :D

Tags:

2. Mansmind

Mansmind New Member

I have the '04 double, and I'd say you did REAL well. I think you'll really enjoy that ride.

John

3. cydewaze

cydewaze New Member

Nice bike man! And great price.