Finally, it all comes together

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Craig Brossman, Oct 7, 2003.

  1. Since sometime around Memorial Day weekend, my ride has been in various phases of .. well upgrading
    ... sort of. I've rebuilt the shock ... then did it again, added new brake levers, bought new wheels
    with disc compatable hubs, first added the rear disc, recently added the front, rebuilt all the
    pivots ... then did it again. The catalyst to almost all of this was repair, blow free hub, bent
    brake levers, so on. I decided to go to Avid mechanicals since I needed a new rear hub anyway, well,
    the rim is wearing, might as well get a whole new wheel, you get the idea.

    Finally, today, after replacing the cable housing on the rear brake because it was cut too short the
    first time, after truing the rear wheel that was re-tensioned in the field, but done poorly, after
    doing a better job of aligning the front disc, after making some front shock adjustments, the bike
    feels right.

    I usually like to work on my bike, but this summer, I've made the right choice; wrench or ride, I've
    always picked ride; I can live with some of the issues till tomorrow.

    Oh yeah, and being a big New Belgium fan, I bought a sixer of Tripple, so after a nice climb of
    about 1500 feet, no dinner, and 2 12 ouncers, I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

    Thankyou sir, may I have another ... I think I will!

    --
    Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado (remove ".nospam" to reply)

    Tags:

  2. Bb

    Bb Guest

    On Wed, 08 Oct 2003 01:35:07 GMT, Craig Brossman wrote:

    > Oh yeah, and being a big New Belgium fan, I bought a sixer of Tripple, so after a nice climb of
    > about 1500 feet, no dinner, and 2 12 ouncers, I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

    Hmm, sounds like my evening - except for all the bike stuff. :-~