Finally made up my mind on a new bike Giant TCR1 Composite

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by George, Mar 28, 2003.

  1. George

    George Guest

    I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
    decision after much soul searching.

    Giant TCR1 Composite.

    It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
    may want to do one day not now)

    It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)

    It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66

    I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today

    But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and everyone
    says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And its the
    best value for money carbon out there.

    Will let people know when I receive it.

    Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.

    Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't find
    the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have easy to
    read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

    Tags:

  2. I like the Flight Deck Stan "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
    > decision after much soul searching.
    >

    > Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.
    >
    > Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't
    > find the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have
    > easy to read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

  3. Ron

    Ron Guest

    George, I bought a TCR 1 aluminum last October. It's great although I'm still getting used to it.
    Very responsive and fast.

    I too wanted cadence on the new cycle computer - they are hard to find. I bought an Echo F2 (by
    Echowell Computers) for about $30 Cdn on sale. It is wired and waterproof with 12 functions
    including actual cadence, max cadence and average cadence along with the standard other
    features. Auto stop/start is handy. Long battery life, etc. Overall, a good computer and the
    wires aren't a problem.

    This url has a good description
    http://www.outdoorsportz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ou
    tsport&Category_Code=1001BGR-CP

    Enjoy, Ron

    "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
    > decision after much soul searching.
    >
    > Giant TCR1 Composite.
    >
    > It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
    > may want to do one day not now)
    >
    > It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
    >
    > It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
    >
    > I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
    >
    > But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
    > everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And
    > its the best value for money carbon out there.
    >
    > Will let people know when I receive it.
    >
    > Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.
    >
    > Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't
    > find the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have
    > easy to read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

  4. Joel Rose

    Joel Rose Guest

    Congrats - sounds like you will enjoy your new ride. I too would like a new computer with my new
    ride - Colnago Asso - and the Flight Deck seems to be all the rage!!?? There seems to be too many
    options to choose from when it comes to cyclocomputers, but best of luck in your searching:)) The
    deals I see on the web for said computers seem much better than the actual prices that I have been
    faced with here in S. Ontario, even with the exchange.

    Joel "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:p[email protected]...
    > I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
    > decision after much soul searching.
    >
    > Giant TCR1 Composite.
    >
    > It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
    > may want to do one day not now)
    >
    > It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
    >
    > It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
    >
    > I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
    >
    > But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
    > everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And
    > its the best value for money carbon out there.
    >
    > Will let people know when I receive it.
    >
    > Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.
    >
    > Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't
    > find the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have
    > easy to read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

  5. Harris

    Harris Guest

    "George" wrote:
    > I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
    > decision after much soul searching.
    >
    > Giant TCR1 Composite.
    >
    > It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
    > may want to do one day not now)
    >
    > It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
    >
    > It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
    >
    > I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
    >
    > But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
    > everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And
    > its the best value for money carbon out there.

    But... Oh, never mind. BTW, is "stink" good?

    Art Harris

  6. George-<< And its the best value for money carbon out there.

    How much is it?

  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    My last addition to my bike stable is a really sporty looking Raleigh racer. Had some trouble with
    the axial/crank arm combo,was the one with the pin that holds the crank arm in place.Lucky found a
    perfectly good crank axial combo on a scraped bike that fix perfectly and is the nut and bolt type
    axial/ crank arm.

  8. George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
    > I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
    > decision after much soul searching.
    >
    > Giant TCR1 Composite.
    >
    > It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
    > may want to do one day not now)
    >
    > It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
    >
    > It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
    >
    > I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
    >
    > But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
    > everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul.

    Your post reads like a parody.

    JT

    NB: reply-to address is munged

    Visit http://www.jt10000.com