Finally made up my mind on a new bike Giant TCR1 Composite

George

Guest
I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
decision after much soul searching.

Giant TCR1 Composite.

It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
may want to do one day not now)

It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)

It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66

I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today

But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and everyone
says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And its the
best value for money carbon out there.

Will let people know when I receive it.

Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.

Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't find
the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have easy to
read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

I like the Flight Deck Stan "George" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
> decision after much soul searching.
>

> Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.
>
> Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't
> find the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have
> easy to read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

George, I bought a TCR 1 aluminum last October. It's great although I'm still getting used to it.
Very responsive and fast.

I too wanted cadence on the new cycle computer - they are hard to find. I bought an Echo F2 (by
Echowell Computers) for about $30 Cdn on sale. It is wired and waterproof with 12 functions
including actual cadence, max cadence and average cadence along with the standard other
features. Auto stop/start is handy. Long battery life, etc. Overall, a good computer and the
wires aren't a problem.

This url has a good description
http://www.outdoorsportz.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=ou
tsport&Category_Code=1001BGR-CP

Enjoy, Ron

"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
> decision after much soul searching.
>
> Giant TCR1 Composite.
>
> It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
> may want to do one day not now)
>
> It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
>
> It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
>
> I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
>
> But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
> everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And
> its the best value for money carbon out there.
>
> Will let people know when I receive it.
>
> Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.
>
> Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't
> find the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have
> easy to read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

Congrats - sounds like you will enjoy your new ride. I too would like a new computer with my new
ride - Colnago Asso - and the Flight Deck seems to be all the rage!!?? There seems to be too many
options to choose from when it comes to cyclocomputers, but best of luck in your searching:)) The
deals I see on the web for said computers seem much better than the actual prices that I have been
faced with here in S. Ontario, even with the exchange.

news:p[email protected]...

"George" wrote:
> I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
> decision after much soul searching.
>
> Giant TCR1 Composite.
>
> It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
> may want to do one day not now)
>
> It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
>
> It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
>
> I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
>
> But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
> everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And
> its the best value for money carbon out there.

But... Oh, never mind. BTW, is "stink" good?

Art Harris

George-<< And its the best value for money carbon out there.

How much is it?

My last addition to my bike stable is a really sporty looking Raleigh racer. Had some trouble with
the axial/crank arm combo,was the one with the pin that holds the crank arm in place.Lucky found a
perfectly good crank axial combo on a scraped bike that fix perfectly and is the nut and bolt type
axial/ crank arm.

"George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
> decision after much soul searching.
>
> Giant TCR1 Composite.
>
> It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
> may want to do one day not now)
>
> It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
>
> It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
>
> I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
>
> But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
> everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul. And
> its the best value for money carbon out there.
>
> Will let people know when I receive it.
>
> Have a question I may post again as a stand alone.
>
> Computers. I want cadence and cordless is a big plus for me, but it seems alot of people don't
> find the FliteDeck all that good. Any other computer I should look at (wired I assume) that have
> easy to read displays and cadence and other good features? Altimeter is not a big deal for me.

George" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:p[email protected]...
> I have posted plenty of questions and results of inquiries and investigations and I have made a
> decision after much soul searching.
>
> Giant TCR1 Composite.
>
> It doesn't have a triple from (which I would prefer) I can't put any panniers for touring (which I
> may want to do one day not now)
>
> It has Shimano (Ultegra) not Campagnolo (Centaur)
>
> It might be a bit too aggressive riding style for me in 15 years when I'm 66
>
> I haven't even test ridden it although I did try a TCR aluminum on a trainer today
>
> But I just plain love the way this bike looks, the aluminum feels great on the trainer, and
> everyone says the composite goes and climbs like stink and is comfortable over the long haul.

Your post reads like a parody.

JT

NB: reply-to address is munged

Visit http://www.jt10000.com