Finally Picked up an Aero Wheel

bgoetz

Nov 25, 2010
Well after much debate and hearing about how my Ksyriums are the least aero wheel out there, I picked up a set of aero wheels. I ended up going with a 2010 model of the 56mm Easton EC90 tublulars. I got them used off of a good friend who did not put many miles on them and took insanely good care of them, as he works at a shop so they were very well maintained. Picked them up at a really nice price with three Continental Sprinters. I can't wait to go give them a try tomorrow and see what I have been missing. Still keeping my Ksyriums for really hilly road races, crits, and just all around riding/training.

Nice, I'll bet you're going to like the new wheels. Not only for their aero qualities but also for their tubular qualities. Gluing and mounting tubies is definitely an acquired art but the ride is sure nice.

FWIW, once you wear out the Conti's I'd shop for a handmade tubular with latex tubes like the Challenge or Veloflex Criteriums or Vittoria Corsa CXs. IMO that takes the ride quality up another notch and they roll a bit faster in Crr tests as well. Speaking of which I'd strongly recommend glue, potential mess and all over tufo tape.

-Dave