Finally returned home after 3 weeks of evacuation from Katrina!!!

MountainPro said:
Thats all they need now. Now Orleans have been issued with more evacuation orders according to BBC news this morning. This is terrible.

Yea, about the bad weather record and the USA, perhaps Zap has a point.

Right now it looks like Texas is going to get the worst of it,but who knows?
Hard way to prove a point though.

MountainPro said:
50,000 homeless in India today because of storm flooding..

never even hit the the news headlines....

mind you, Katrina wasnt exactly average now was it?
That is because their houses were built on a slab...

MountainPro said:
man, thats a BIG mistake...

wooden stalks would be far more secure...

Rita is now a category (5) 165 mph sustained. Hang onto your hats cowboys!

zapper said:
sounds like a violent storm...on average.....
Can you imagine Tee'ing off in a wind like that ?:D

Man! Another Cat 5 ! Only three other cat 5's have hit N.America since the Saffir-Simpson scale has been in place. I hope Texas is well prepared and I hope it stays west of Louisiana. Man, what a shitty thing to hope for.

LW

lwedge said:

Man! Another Cat 5 ! Only three other cat 5's have hit N.America since the Saffir-Simpson scale has been in place. I hope Texas is well prepared and I hope it stays west of Louisiana. Man, what a shitty thing to hope for.

LW

No kidding! Off of what? Oh, you said teeing off. Well that would be bad also.

jhuskey said:
No kidding! Off of what? Oh, you said teeing off. Well that would be bad also.
Yes both would be bad indeed. I have a friend who tried one of these actions in a Cat 3 in N.Carolina. He said he couldn't tell if it was rain or you know what hitting him in the face.

LW

lwedge said:
Just as an aside, has golf always been an elitist pasttime or has it simply morphed into it over the years :confused:

davidmc said:
Just as an aside, has golf always been an elitist pasttime or has it simply morphed into it over the years :confused:
i think i may have mentioned this before but yes, it has become an elitist sport where business deals are stuck and clients are sucked up to.

in Scotland, the home of golf, it has always been (and still is) a working class sport. Working class being the lowest class in the UK. You'll get young kids playing in the local fields and play grounds here with gold clubs and putters. These are from the poorer housing estates. Its just as much as pastime as say playing football.

in other countries it is an elitist sport especially when conected with country clubs and other establishments of snobbery.

davidmc said:

Here's a clue judge for yourself.

G= Gentlemen
O= Only
L=Ladies
F=Fordidden

A piece of trivia.

Just seen on the news that this new hurricane is potentially more destructive than Katrina.

Katrina was the worst in living memory. Now it has been superceded in a matter of weeks.

Is this type of super hurricane now the norm due to global pollution?

If so, there are plenty more on their way in the next few years...

Jag, do you have any plans to re-locate permanently?

MountainPro said:
Just seen on the news that this new hurricane is potentially more destructive than Katrina.

Katrina was the worst in living memory. Now it has been superceded in a matter of weeks.

Is this type of super hurricane now the norm due to global pollution?

If so, there are plenty more on their way in the next few years...

My personal meteorologist said that right now it is the 2nd most powerful storm in U.S. History with Katrina being number 4....

zapper said:
My personal meteorologist said that right now it is the 2nd most powerful storm in U.S. History with Katrina being number 4....
well MY personal meteorologist says Katrina is number 1. and he has a lab coat and everything...so there!

MountainPro said:
well MY personal meteorologist says Katrina is number 1. and he has a lab coat and everything...so there!
Damn, and I thought he would be wearing a skirt.... :p

MountainPro said:
Yeah JAG..you are welcome here. We just had a Katrina Victim family buy a home in Newport News today.. C'mon over to va. beach va, surf Capitol of the WORLD!

zapper said:
Damn, and I thought he would be wearing a skirt.... :p
the skirt is underneath the lab coat...

yeah, move to Vagina...the property there is as cheap as pig ****..

MountainPro said:
yeah, move to Vagina...the property there is as cheap as pig ****..
Is that some sort of delicacy in your neck of the woods??? Never heard of anyone purchasing pig **** before....BTW...vagina sounds like a nice place to reside....