Finally returned home after 3 weeks of evacuation from Katrina!!!

Colorado Ryder said:
Most golfers I know are in awe of Tiger Woods. And as you know all golfers are rich white men. Keep playing the race card though.
most cyclist you know are probably in awe of Lance Armstrong. Its time you pulled your head out of the sand and had a good look around.

Colorado Ryder said:
Most golfers I know are in awe of Tiger Woods. And as you know all golfers are rich white men. Keep playing the race card though.
OK. I didn't want to say this but it may be a "cracker sport" like nascar, at least in Bush's base (the red states-south of the mason-dixon line). Make any inferences ;) you care to make.

MountainPro said:
at your club? ... didnt know you were a golfer as well..

Anyway at my club, there are no African Americans. Not a single one.

I blieve that its nothing to do with race and more to do with opportunity that determines whether you are a good golfer or not. How many black players are there in the top 10?

to save you the effort of researching, the answer is 1.

therefore it may be safer to say that it is still a predomintley white pursuit than to say its black as CR suggested when challenged.
What's this???

Originally Posted by MountainPro
“in Scotland, the home of golf, it has always been (and still is) a working class sport. Working class being the lowest class in the UK. You'll get young kids playing in the local fields and play grounds here with gold clubs and putters. These are from the poorer housing estates. Its just as much as pastime as say playing football.

in other countries it is an elitist sport especially when conected with country clubs and other establishments of snobbery.”
??? :confused:

I was thinking of carrying a sign, at the Peace Rally tomorrow at the Whitehouse, that reads: "Zapper & Colorado Ryder for peace." No, seriously, Bush won't even be there, Herr Rove is having him whisked away to Dalls for a photo-op :) Typical.

davidmc said:
OK. I didn't want to say this but it may be a "cracker sport" like nascar, at least in Bush's base (the red states-south of the mason-dixon line). Make any inferences ;) you care to make.
Did you say "cracker"??? No you did ent.....But you left out hockey...

davidmc said:
Don't need to. You made all the inferences. Isn't hockey a "cracker sport"? And most of those teams are north of the mason-dixon line. Or in your case north of Bush's base.

Colorado Ryder said:
Don't need to. You made all the inferences. Isn't hockey a "cracker sport"? And most of those teams are north of the mason-dixon line. Or in your case north of Bush's base.
No it isn't. It can't be played outdoors in dixie ;)

MountainPro said:
one of the best golfers may be black CR, but Dave's statement is still true...youre twisting things.
How did I twist anything. I simply stated that the best golfer in the world is black. DavidMC thinks that golf is racist and the domain of the white man. Even you don't agree with that.

MountainPro said:
I blieve that its nothing to do with race and more to do with opportunity that determines whether you are a good golfer or not. How many black players are there in the top 10?
to save you the effort of researching, the answer is 1.
therefore it may be safer to say that it is still a predomintley white pursuit than to say its black as CR suggested when challenged.
And I never said golf wasn't predominantly white. I just stated that Tiger is the best.

Colorado Ryder said:
Racism is alive and well in DavidMC's world.
cracker is not a racist euphemism. Just for the record, I'm caucasion. Just finished listening to a radio program that broadcast an hour of speeches by noted black politicians activist's-Obama, Rangle, etal. Representatives of the opressed/purposefully overlooked.

davidmc said:
cracker is not a racist euphemism. Just for the record, I'm caucasion. Just finished listening to a radio program that broadcast an hour of speeches by noted black politicians activist's-Obama, Rangle, etal. Representatives of the opressed/purposefully overlooked.
Dave c'mon now you are not who you said you were....

Colorado Ryder said:
How did I twist anything. I simply stated that the best golfer in the world is black. DavidMC thinks that golf is racist and the domain of the white man. Even you don't agree with that.

And I never said golf wasn't predominantly white. I just stated that Tiger is the best.
You are aware that MountainPro resides in Scotland & it is there where it is a pursuit of the lower to middle class. Not in the states where it is a land grabbing, elitist sport; in my opinion. I have no desire to play golf. Maybe in Scotland.

zapper said:
Dave c'mon now you are not who you said you were....
Who did I say I was other than an American trying to minimize the damage that Bush & his business "associates" (I use that term loosely) are perpetrating on this country under the guise of patriotism :confused:

davidmc said:
You are aware that MountainPro resides in Scotland & it is there where it is a pursuit of the lower to middle class. Not in the states where it is a land grabbing, elitist sport; in my opinion. I have no desire to play golf. Maybe in Scotland.
Not true we have clinics for the poor and needy children here and the ymca gives lessons as well and they do not discreminate...You are slipping here dog...

zapper said:
Not true we have clinics for the poor and needy children here and the ymca gives lessons as well and they do not discreminate...You are slipping here dog...
OK. What are the cost of greens fee's & clubs :confused: not to mention club membership.

davidmc said:
OK. What are the cost of greens fee's & clubs :confused: not to mention club membership.
At the ymca and the "club" those with low incomes get a free ride just like at WILLIAM AND MARY U....