Finally.. some 'road' pedals!

Marty Wallace said:
I've got a pair of the Spinergy four spokes. I've had them for years and
think they're great. They have a "stealth" look.

For a disposable wheel, they are a great (ie. they're not for cycling). Unfortunately I need wheels I can put back together with bits from my LBS when I crash.

Tamyka Bell said:
>Yeah, I think that one comes from the need to be able to perform after
we get off the bike - no opportunity to just put our feet up with a
cappucino or a latte, we still got a 10km/half/marathon to run...

Even in training?

I know a bunch of tri-geeks who regularly stop three times for a **** in a 100km ride.

Shabby wrote:

> Tamyka Bell Wrote:
> >
> > >Yeah, I think that one comes from the need to be able to perform

> > after
> > we get off the bike - no opportunity to just put our feet up with a
> > cappucino or a latte, we still got a 10km/half/marathon to run...
> >

> Even in training?
>
> I know a bunch of tri-geeks who regularly stop three times for a ****
> in a 100km ride.
>
> --
> Shabby

Yep, we do that. My coach has a massively weak bladder. It's not cool to
**** on your bike in training, too much cleaning associated. However on
race day there's no need to stop... The idea is it's really, really hard
to get adequate fluid on the run, you feel like you're sloshing and you
end up with a stitch. So you make sure you're as hydrated as possible on
the ride, where you don't slosh, and then you can get by with just a
small amount of water at each station on the run. And each of my long
rides is followed by a run and it's true, when I know I'm not running
afterwards, I don't drink so much water.

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> Yeah, I think that one comes from the need to be able to perform after
> we get off the bike - no opportunity to just put our feet up with a
> cappucino or a latte, we still got a 10km/half/marathon to run...
> :p

The only reason you can run after the ride is because you
don't ride long/hard enough..
:p ( rightbackatcha ;-) )

> think the heat is getting to my brain...

> oops I mean T

No such luck here..

hip py
(pause to ring out soggy clothing)

hippy wrote:

> "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> > Yeah, I think that one comes from the need to be able to perform after
> > we get off the bike - no opportunity to just put our feet up with a
> > cappucino or a latte, we still got a 10km/half/marathon to run...
> > :p

> The only reason you can run after the ride is because you
> don't ride long/hard enough..
> :p ( rightbackatcha ;-) )

I would argue that it's because I need the tshirt... but they actually
give you one of them in the race bag... damn, I got nothin'

:-(

Oh yeah, wait, I got sunshine!!!!

:p

Tamyka Bell said:
I would argue that it's because I need the tshirt... but they actually
give you one of them in the race bag... damn, I got nothin' :-(
Oh yeah, wait, I got sunshine!!!!
:p

Meh.. rain scares the lesser cyclists away, leaving me free!! ;-)
(verified by the LOW numbers at the 'drome tonight)

I'm racing in Mildura this weekend.. more hours of sunlight/year than QLD!
:p

hippy

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 at 13:39 GMT, hippy (aka Bruce)
> Meh.. rain scares the lesser cyclists away, leaving me free!! ;-)
> (verified by the LOW numbers at the 'drome tonight)
>
> I'm racing in Mildura this weekend.. more hours of sunlight/year than
> QLD!
>:p

The bike racks at work where *empty* apart from my bike, and the one
that seems abandoned.

[On being overcaffeinated...] Yes, this is possible - symptons include
the sun being too loud and grokking in full what Adams meant by
"unpleasantly like being drunk". -- Steed @ ASR

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 21:30:28 +0800, Marty Wallace wrote:

> I've got a pair of the Spinergy four spokes. I've had them for years and
> think they're great. They have a "stealth" look.

The guys on the Eurobike list (? http://www.eurobike.it)
call these "Squirrel Choppers".

-kt

"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> hippy wrote:
> > "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> > > Yeah, I think that one comes from the need to be able to perform after
> > > we get off the bike - no opportunity to just put our feet up with a
> > > cappucino or a latte, we still got a 10km/half/marathon to run... :p

> > The only reason you can run after the ride is because you
> > don't ride long/hard enough.. :p ( rightbackatcha ;-) )

Tam, more tri-bashing for ya:
http://thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=139

Yeah, yeah, I know roadies do TT's.. but it amused
my soggy brain this morning and that's all that matters :p

hippy
- wishing for sunshine and dry shoes

hippy said:
"Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> hippy wrote:
> > "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> > > Yeah, I think that one comes from the need to be able to perform after
> > > we get off the bike - no opportunity to just put our feet up with a
> > > cappucino or a latte, we still got a 10km/half/marathon to run... :p

> > The only reason you can run after the ride is because you
> > don't ride long/hard enough.. :p ( rightbackatcha ;-) )

Tam, more tri-bashing for ya:
http://thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=139

Yeah, yeah, I know roadies do TT's.. but it amused
my soggy brain this morning and that's all that matters :p

hippy
- wishing for sunshine and dry shoes

Tri-bashing? No fair! The main reason I like tri is because I can be **** at three sports rather than just one :D

Ritch

hippy said:
Meh.. rain scares the lesser cyclists away, leaving me free!! ;-)
(verified by the LOW numbers at the 'drome tonight)

I'm racing in Mildura this weekend.. more hours of sunlight/year than QLD!
:p

hippy

Very low numbers at the drome because even the stupidest triathletes usually know that you don't ride track in the rain.

"PiledHigher" <[email protected]
> Very low numbers at the drome because even the stupidest triathletes
> usually know that you don't ride track in the rain.

Maybe not Blackburn, but Hawthorn's circular bike
path is fine. What would triathletes know about track
anyway?

hippy

hippy wrote:

> "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> > hippy wrote:
> > > "Tamyka Bell" <[email protected]
> > >
> > > The only reason you can run after the ride is because you
> > > don't ride long/hard enough.. :p ( rightbackatcha ;-) )

> Tam, more tri-bashing for ya:
> http://thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=139
>
> Yeah, yeah, I know roadies do TT's.. but it amused
> my soggy brain this morning and that's all that matters :p
>
> hippy
> - wishing for sunshine and dry shoes

Oooh, more of those and you'll be experiencing my aero bars as a
suppository, mister!

:)

ritcho wrote:

> hippy Wrote:

> > after

> > :p

> > Tam, more tri-bashing for ya:
> > http://thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=139
> >
> > Yeah, yeah, I know roadies do TT's.. but it amused
> > my soggy brain this morning and that's all that matters :p
> >
> > hippy
> > - wishing for sunshine and dry shoes

> Tri-bashing? No fair! The main reason I like tri is because I can be
> **** at three sports rather than just one :D
>
> Ritch
>
> --
> ritcho

Or be **** at three sports so do them all at the same time and pretend
that you're only **** at one...

Or hide my **** cycling behind my running and swimming skills to be a
"good age group triathlete"

ritcho wrote:

> Tri-bashing? No fair! The main reason I like tri is because I can be
> **** at three sports rather than just one :D
>
> Ritch

Also so you have an excuse when training with groups that this is your
**** sport but in the others you are awesome.

DaveB