Finally Took the Plunge!!!

Moriba

Aug 19, 2005
Well I fianlly did it!!

After a 10 year layoff, I began cycling again at the beginning of June. I have worked my way up to a 16 mile ride 4-5 times a week.

All this time I have been riding a Jazz Voltage by Trek MTB, and frankly I have been struggling a bit with neck pain, numb hands etc.

Earlier this week I purchased a 1999 model Bianchi Campione, with Campagnolo Mirage components.

I can hardly wait for it to arrive. Hopefully there will be a big difference in it, and the old MTB.

Sorry for the rambling, but I am excited, and wanted to share.

Tom

Congrats and welcome, Tom!

You're at the point I was about 2 years ago. I hope you love your new bike, and those 16-mile rides turn into 20's, 25's, 30's, etc., etc., etc.

You'll know you've got it bad when a day just doesn't feel "right" unless it includes some bike time...

Welcome to the addiction. I'm also back on a road bike this year after some several years off ...and a few years on a mountain bike, which I think might not count either... I think this forum is a great place to learn and share and get inspiration to get out and ride. Recommend keeping next summer's calendar clear. The addiction can be quite severe. :D

Here, Here!
DCWD said:
Welcome to the addiction. I'm also back on a road bike this year after some several years off ...and a few years on a mountain bike, which I think might not count either... I think this forum is a great place to learn and share and get inspiration to get out and ride. Recommend keeping next summer's calendar clear. The addiction can be quite severe. :D

how are you liking the bike? I'm considering purchasing the same model. Would you mind telling me how much you paid.

sgtpepper64 said:
:D This thread's going on 3 years old! OP only has 9 posts - wonder if he's still around anymore.
:D I think Cycler6n responded without checking the dates...