Finally!

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Jon Bond, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    http://www.weather.com/weather/local/06070

    A couple more days of oppresive heat, some showers early next week, but other than that,
    beaaaaaaaaaauuuuutiful. That is, unless the weather does what it did to me two nights ago - with
    severe thunderstorms popping out of nowhere, unpredicted, cutting me off from home while i was
    about 10 miles out on the road. Cut my 30 mile ride down to 15 with a ride back home for the last
    bit. Blech.

    Best news I've heard all week: rest of the mtb parts should be here tomorrow!!! If I can get
    the mechanic to build me wheels as soon as the parts are in, then I'll be off the road again by
    this weekend!

    Jon Bond can't wait to fiddle with his 4 seperate air chambers and way too many adjustments

    Tags:

  2. Andy Chequer

    Andy Chequer Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.weather.com/weather/local/06070
    >
    > A couple more days of oppresive heat, some showers early next week, but other than that,
    > beaaaaaaaaaauuuuutiful. That is, unless the weather does what it did to me two nights ago - with
    > severe thunderstorms popping out
    of
    > nowhere, unpredicted, cutting me off from home while i was about 10 miles out on the road. Cut my
    > 30 mile ride down to 15 with a ride back home for the last bit. Blech.
    >
    > Best news I've heard all week: rest of the mtb parts should be here tomorrow!!! If I can get the
    > mechanic to build me wheels as soon as the parts are in, then I'll be off the road again by this
    > weekend!
    >
    > Jon Bond can't wait to fiddle with his 4 seperate air chambers and way too many adjustments

    Four separate air chambers? Sounds like something Dr. Zoidberg would have.

    Andy Chequer

  3. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "Andy Chequer" <[email protected](youdontwantthisbitinit)thisisasparagus.com> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...

    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.weather.com/weather/local/06070
    > >
    > > A couple more days of oppresive heat, some showers early next week, but other than that,
    > > beaaaaaaaaaauuuuutiful. That is, unless the weather
    does
    > > what it did to me two nights ago - with severe thunderstorms popping out
    > of
    > > nowhere, unpredicted, cutting me off from home while i was about 10
    miles
    > > out on the road. Cut my 30 mile ride down to 15 with a ride back home
    for
    > > the last bit. Blech.
    > >
    > > Best news I've heard all week: rest of the mtb parts should be here tomorrow!!! If I can get the
    > > mechanic to build me wheels as soon as the parts are in, then I'll be off the road again by this
    > > weekend!
    > >
    > > Jon Bond can't wait to fiddle with his 4 seperate air chambers and way too many adjustments
    >
    > Four separate air chambers? Sounds like something Dr. Zoidberg would have.
    >
    > Andy Chequer

    Good god, mon, you think we could afford that much air?

    Jon Bond

  4. Cp1

    Cp1 Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > http://www.weather.com/weather/local/06070
    >
    > A couple more days of oppresive heat, some showers early next week, but other than that,
    > beaaaaaaaaaauuuuutiful. That is, unless the weather does what it did to me two nights ago - with
    > severe thunderstorms popping out
    of
    > nowhere, unpredicted, cutting me off from home while i was about 10 miles out on the road. Cut my
    > 30 mile ride down to 15 with a ride back home for the last bit. Blech.
    >
    > Best news I've heard all week: rest of the mtb parts should be here tomorrow!!! If I can get the
    > mechanic to build me wheels as soon as the parts are in, then I'll be off the road again by this
    > weekend!
    >
    > Jon Bond can't wait to fiddle with his 4 seperate air chambers and way too many adjustments

    Have you hit puberty yet, JB?

    --

    CP

  5. Jon Bond

    Jon Bond Guest

    "CP1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > http://www.weather.com/weather/local/06070
    > >
    > > A couple more days of oppresive heat, some showers early next week, but other than that,
    > > beaaaaaaaaaauuuuutiful. That is, unless the weather
    does
    > > what it did to me two nights ago - with severe thunderstorms popping out
    > of
    > > nowhere, unpredicted, cutting me off from home while i was about 10
    miles
    > > out on the road. Cut my 30 mile ride down to 15 with a ride back home
    for
    > > the last bit. Blech.
    > >
    > > Best news I've heard all week: rest of the mtb parts should be here tomorrow!!! If I can get the
    > > mechanic to build me wheels as soon as the parts are in, then I'll be off the road again by this
    > > weekend!
    > >
    > > Jon Bond can't wait to fiddle with his 4 seperate air chambers and way too many adjustments
    >
    > Have you hit puberty yet, JB?
    >
    > --
    >
    > CP

    Puberty? Hell, I'm still waiting for my left nut to descend....

    Jon Bond no idea what that has to do with anything

  6. Sorni

    Sorni Guest

    "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

    > "CP1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >

    > > Have you hit puberty yet, JB?
    >
    > Puberty? Hell, I'm still waiting for my left nut to descend....

    Got rid of quick releases for a DH rig? (Better one.)

    Shake the wheel until nipple head falls out (remove rim tape first). (Stretch...plus no descend
    component.)

    OK, I'm out.

    Bill "got a feeling ol' CP1 is goin' on list soon" S.

  7. Cp1

    Cp1 Guest

    > "Jon Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > "CP1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >

    > > > Have you hit puberty yet, JB?
    > >
    > > Puberty? Hell, I'm still waiting for my left nut to descend....
    >
    > Got rid of quick releases for a DH rig? (Better one.)
    >
    > Shake the wheel until nipple head falls out (remove rim tape first). (Stretch...plus no descend
    > component.)
    >
    > OK, I'm out.
    >
    > Bill "got a feeling ol' CP1 is goin' on list soon" S.

    Sorni, it's been a while, but not that long. Has senility set in already?

    I was just poking a little fun at good ole John "Commander" Bond.

    --

    CP