Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Cyclist14, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

I have finally found the right wheels:

Mavic Cosmic Elites ($449.00)

www.totalbike.com

Tags:

2. RC2

RC2 New Member

Increase the value of your post. Right for what (what are you using them for...)? Laced to what (mavic/shimanos)? And why do cosmic elites fit the bill better than, say, OPs or the like (just aero spokes or ...)?

3. Cyclist14

Cyclist14 New Member

I just changed my mind again, I am going to buy a Carbon crank and some other stuff instead of a new wheelset, by the way have you ever seen Mavic Cosmic Elites on a 1500, a bike can only be upgraded so much.:D

4. Tonto

Tonto New Member

Is this a wind up?
    Two new threads....how many times have you changed your mind?

Just out of interest, what made you decide that a carbon crank and other stuff is better use of your money than a new wheelset?

And here's me debating with myself about whether I really need that new €20 stem so I can actually raise my bars high enough to be comfortable....

5. artemidorus

artemidorus New Member

Why don't you put your bloody money in the bank and wait until something breaks or wears out? If your bike's like mine, you won't need to wait too long... :mad:

6. graf zeppelin

graf zeppelin New Member

A nice set of wheels can be transferred to a new frame, when you are ready. Wheels were actually the first step I took towards getting the bike of my dreams, or a reasonable fascimilie thereof. I had a Trek 1400 at the time. Wheels are probably also going to make the biggest difference, short of a gruppo or frame change. Now a carbon crank on a Trek 1500 maybe makes a little less sense. To me anyway.

7. meehs

meehs New Member

I agree. If the OP has the standard 105 cranks on his bike and throws a set of carbon cranks on there, he'll notice zero difference and realize no performance increase whatsoever. It's stricly a "bling" factor upgrade.