Find the mint

"-L." <[email protected]> writes:
>Nancy Young wrote:

>> This is verbatim from the inside of a box of
>> Land O Lakes butter.

>I read that same recipe and was like, WTF? The No-Mint Mint Brownie!

Too funny! That reminds me of a recipe I got in a Ragu pamphlet sent
to me in the mail. The recipe was called "No Boil Ravioli" and was
advertised as being great for kids, presumably because of no boiling.
The first step? Boil some water...

Stacia

One time on Usenet, "Nancy Young" <[email protected]> said:

> This is verbatim from the inside of a box of
> Land O Lakes butter.
>
> A fudgy brownie, layered with mint butter cream

<snip yummy-sounding recipe>

Heh, someone in their proofreading department screwed up. I wonder
what the missing mint ingredient is -- extract? Leaves? Hmmmm...

--
Jani in WA (S'mee)
~ mom, Trollop, novice cook ~

"Default User" <[email protected]> writes:

>The studies I've read are pretty much trending that way, but we've seem
>major reversals in the thinking in the past. I'm not at all convinced
>that there's really that much difference.

The Blue Bonnet brand stuff I get has no trans fats in it anymore; the
formula changed because of these recent studies. I think I first heard
about margarine and trans fats on "Good Eats" a few years ago. I try to
use olive oil whenever I can instead of butter, but I hardly do any
baking so butter isn't a real necessity around here.

Stacia

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Nancy Young wrote:

> "BoboBonobo" <[email protected]> wrote
>
> > Nancy Young wrote:

> >> *Substitute Land O Lakes Soft baking butter with canola oil.

> > Why would you want to make such a substitution?

> I leave such matters to the bakers around here.
>
> nancy

tee hee hee. I noticed that. With all the other items in there, somebody
is going to worry about a little butter?

Besides, if it is made with oil,
it's not "butter" - no matter what Land O Lakes wants to call it. Makes me
wonder what else Land O Lakes calls "butter". I think I'll read the fine
print on the package more closely.

And then...

If you cut 25 brownies out of an 8" square pan, I don't think you have to
worry about any of the ingredients! Those recipe folks haven't
ever had to feed my bunch. Fork??? Here's a toothpick.

Elaine

One time on Usenet, Elaine Parrish <[email protected]> said:
> On Thu, 12 Jan 2006, Nancy Young wrote:

> > > Why would you want to make such a substitution?

> > I leave such matters to the bakers around here.

> tee hee hee. I noticed that. With all the other items in there, somebody
> is going to worry about a little butter?
>
> Besides, if it is made with oil,
> it's not "butter" - no matter what Land O Lakes wants to call it. Makes me
> wonder what else Land O Lakes calls "butter". I think I'll read the fine
> print on the package more closely.

<snip>

There is no fine print -- it says in bold letters on the packaging
that Land O' Lake soft baking butter is a mixture of butter and canola
oil:

http://www.landolakes.com/products/ProductIndex.cfm?ProductCategoryID=10

And it's quite tasty...

--