Finding A Bathroom

I'm sure many of you have heard of this before, but there is the "She-wee" which is actually very helpful. It can be found at many regular retailers, and usually found in the camping section. I have used it before, and I felt rather funny doing it, but it was much easier than trying to either hold it in until I could get to a restroom, or let nature take it's course in nature. There are some that have little containers so you don't drop any. I hope this helps!

Maybe they will make portable distillation units for cyclists so you can re-cycle and never run out of water.

LOL girls trees really @Bicycleman? :D When we got to go, we go to go, so our two wheels are our friend taking us to the best location. :)

One year I was doing the Assault on Mt. Mitchell. I had passed the first rest stop but really needed to stop at the second one. I get there and there is only one porta potty with 20 people lined up. I don't want to spend that much time waiting for a spot to open up so I follow other cyclists to a guy's driveway. He isn't home so this is great. Only he drives up right as I'm letting the stream fly. He is some kind of irate about it. I don't say a thing. Finished by then, I turn and hurriedly run to my bike to make a fast getaway. Thank heaven for fast racing bikes.

Reactions: oportosanto
Haha, lucky you it was just your stream, if it was something solid you'd be in a worse situation! :D

Every February or March I used to drive to Canaan Valley, West Virginia and go cross country skiing. I would always camp out in the Canaan Valley campground that was open all winter. They were doing maintenance on the men's room so it was locked tight and if you needed to go, you had to use the Ladies Room. That wasn't a problem for me because I was the only one up there. Now, on Friday, the gang started arriving. One Saturday morning, I went in, picked the stall way over at the end in the corner and did my thing. Before I could leave, though the outside door opened up and a young couple came in together. The wife or girl friend (don't know which) sat down in the stall next to me and began relieving herself of a lot of gas. The husband starting rating each report. "That was a good one, honey! I bet you can't match this one." He'd rip one out. All the while, I'm sitting there with my head in my hands and choking just to keep from laughing. I realize that I need to get out of there, but think that I can just wait them out because this predicament I am in is very embarrassing. I wait and I wait, but they just won't leave. I think they are camping out in there. Yeah, it's nice and warm in there and very cold outside. I can take it no longer so I get up, open the door and without looking toward them, hurriedly get out of there as fast as I can. They were laughing and carrying on until the very loud unlocking of that stall door, and then you could have heard a pin drop.

loooool, I have already seen that video, but to be honest it's stupid indeed haha, she could have done it outside. :D

loooool, I have already seen that video, but to be honest it's stupid indeed haha, she could have done it outside. :D

Yeah, she should have because I'm quite sure he could have detected the odor. I remember when I was dating my wife to be and how hard I had to stifle myself. I remember the pain in my stomach and just trying to find a place to be discreet. I've been married too long because I let them rip, now.:D

Reactions: oportosanto
Ever so often I find myself in the bushes when riding in the countryside.
But in the city cafes and small shops, restaurants can really be helpful. Just play it cool and say you are cyclist, they will understand the need :)

Yeah, she should have because I'm quite sure he could have detected the odor. I remember when I was dating my wife to be and how hard I had to stifle myself. I remember the pain in my stomach and just trying to find a place to be discreet. I've been married too long because I let them rip, now.:D

Haha sure, after some years all those concerns go away, it's a part of intimacy that comes with the marriage package. :)

Haha, it happens in extremely hot days. I recall one day I almost died on the bike, arrived by a beach and took a dive, the best feeling in the world...

That reminds me of that old Smart Beep pager commercial. This is a keeper.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This reminds me of today, I was just walking down some campus stairs, oblivious to the world. I felt some gas building up, and I desperately needed to fart. Since I was alone, I let loose, I was glad that I was the only one around until I realized I had my earphones on. My fart was loud, and there were a group of people behind me dying of laughter.

:D lol...

It could be worse though, imagine you are alone in a lift, you do it and then a lot of people get in haha, awkward... :D

I don't really normally bike anywhere that isn't somewhat close to a location with a restroom, but, that being said, I have squatted on a tree quite a few times myself because I'm a camper as well.

Really, you don't bike anywhere close to a restroom? That's the least of my concerns when riding a bike as I just want to ride to a place I want to go or simply explore around.

It's not really a concern of mine when I'm on my own, but I seldom am. I have children who like to get out, exercise, and explore as well, and I don't mind taking them along with me.

I have two boys so we have no issues with bathrooms as they go anywhere, considering it's more or less discrete. I do the same haha. :)

I guess I'm super lucky in the fact that I'm in both a rider friendly and construction friendly state...there always seems to be a port-a-potty somewhere, even in the middle of nowhere! That being said, when I have to go, I have to go, I will pop a squat in a grassy field! Hey, we're all human, we all pee!

That's a great point, I've read on the news that one of the famous cyclists actually had to relieve herself in front of a cheering crowd because she didn't want to be delayed in the race, so she went on the sidewalk with people watching. I think that speaks volumes on the dedication of her work and to the competition, as any normal person would definitely find a more private spot to do my business, and just continue on with the race as usual. But alas, the competitive spirit is strong, and this is what happens when you get stuck in a rock and a hard place.