Finding a coach?

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Guest, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

???
    Help! I would like to find a coach to a get my training on track for upcoming planned centuries. My experience and spinning classes are not allowing me to reach my expectations. How do I locate one in my area?

Tags:

2. Vo2

Vo2 Member

Hi Carol
    From which area are you?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

One of your local shops can probably point you the right way
    If you have no luck, I can help- [email protected]
    (Our state sprint champ asked me to help him to get ready for the Olympic trials)

Ride With No Worrys
    Pat

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Carol,
    You might take a look at my coaching website http://www.s1webdesign.com/PM2.htm.
    I coach riders from all around the country via email and an occasional phone call. If I can help, let me know,
    Take Care,
    Rick Sorenson
    Palmares Coaching

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi there rick, thanks for the link on your website :) btw you can become a member simply by registering

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Hi Carol,

Why not look at www.britishcycling.org.uk at the coaching section, it will give you some information about the types of coaches out there.

I e-mailed [email protected] with a similar request to you and they came back with the names of a few good coaches who all wanted to help me.

My tip: take time to get to know the coach before starting the relationship. Remember that the relationship is two way (rider feedback, coach prescription)!

7. Coach Matt

Coach Matt New Member

Hi - There are a myriad of resources for finding a coach....USA Cycling lists coaches in your area, as does TrainingPeaks.com. You can also check out my website - www.sterlingwins.com - I'm a USAC Level 1 coach in California...but train select athletes outside the area as well...

best,
    Matt

8. frenchyge

frenchyge New Member

Thread from 7 years ago.