Finding an expert physician

Discussion in 'Health and medical' started by Healthaware99, Feb 22, 2004.

  1. There is a new free service to help people find experts to take care of difficult medical problems
    -- www.expertfinder.com

    I am a physician who found that I was constantly being asked to help relatives, friends, and
    relatives of friends to find particular clinical experts to help with difficult or life-threatening
    medical problems.

    The expertmapper.com service helps me -- or you -- to find such experts. It is based on the medical
    literature, and identifies physicians (and other scientists) who have published articles in the
    medical literature on a particular medical condition. Not all of the experts found are in fact
    clinicians who take care of sick patients. But I have found that creating the list of clinicians who
    are actually interested in a particular medical problem is an incredibly important first step in
    finding the best clinician to refer a friend or colleague to. The expertmapper service lets you look
    at the list geographically (by country, region, state, city, or medical center) to see which experts
    are near to where you are looking.

    So, a few well-intended physicians and technologists put this service together to try to help people
    find clinical experts. The service could evolve to greater functionality and usefulness if there is
    interest in this kind of a referral service. For example, if there is interest, the service could be
    extended to include more information about the medical licensing and insurance status of each of the
    experts on the list.

    I would be pleased to hear from people who have tried it, whether it helped or not!

    Good luck, Geoff
    ---
    http://www.expertmapper.com [email protected]

    Tags:

  2. Squiggles

    Squiggles Guest

  3. J . Yazel

    J . Yazel Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 11:22:43 -0500, Squiggles <[email protected]> wrote:

    >healthaware99 wrote:
    >>
    >> Good luck, Geoff
    >> ---
    >> http://www.expertmapper.com [email protected]

    I tried the "expertmapper" url, but got a couple of screens into the tour and it stopped
    responding (it would blink but nothing happened).

    Jack

  4. Squiggles

    Squiggles Guest

    "J. Yazel" wrote:
    > I tried the "expertmapper" url, but got a couple of screens into the tour and it stopped
    > responding (it would blink but nothing happened).

    That's too bad Jack - are you in Germany? Maybe your browser is not compatible?

    Really too bad; maybe ask the original sender if it can be sent to your specs. It's really one of
    the greatest references i have seen.

    Squiggles