Finger lap counter review



C

Curt

Guest
Well, I received my finger lap counter the other day and used it yesterday and will be using if for
swimming from now on. I hate to count when I could be thinking of other things while I swim. I lose
track all the time. Anyway, the little counter is cool. It tells you how fast you swim each lap,
time per lap and total time. It is great for me anyway.

Just thought I would mention it. There are two types. One is just a counter and the more expensive
one does all the above. I bought the more expensive one.

Enjoy, Curt
 
M

MJuric

Guest
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:52:24 GMT, "curt" <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, I received my finger lap counter the other day and used it yesterday and will be using if for
>swimming from now on. I hate to count when I could be thinking of other things while I swim. I lose
>track all the time. Anyway, the little counter is cool. It tells you how fast you swim each lap,
>time per lap and total time. It is great for me anyway.
>
>Just thought I would mention it. There are two types. One is just a counter and the more expensive
>one does all the above. I bought the more expensive one.
>
>Enjoy, Curt
>
Has anyone seen any of these gizmos that count strokes too?

~Matt
 
A

Al

Guest
In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> Well, I received my finger lap counter the other day and used it yesterday and will be using if
> for swimming from now on. I hate to count when I could be thinking of other things while I swim. I
> lose track all the time. Anyway, the little counter is cool. It tells you how fast you swim each
> lap, time per lap and total time. It is great for me anyway.
>
> Just thought I would mention it. There are two types. One is just a counter and the more expensive
> one does all the above. I bought the more expensive one.
>
> Enjoy, Curt

Curt, what brand/model did you get? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.

Thanks, Al
 
M

MJuric

Guest
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 18:57:10 GMT, Donal Fagan <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:51:26 GMT, MJuric wrote:
>
>>Has anyone seen any of these gizmos that count strokes too?
>
>Do you mean these:
>
>http://www.donalfagan.com/html/speedosm.html
>
>or something else?
>
>
>Donal Fagan AIA [email protected]'Fagan.com (Anglicise the name to reply by e-mail)

Yeh that's what I was looking for. With the Nike and Polar disatance and speed monitors
available I was wondering if something using that technology was available for swimming.
The idea that it counts strokes by creating completing a circuit seems an easier approach
though. The "Foot Pods" of Nike and Polar work on accel, decel. I'm even wondering if it
would be possible to adapt that to swimming as each individuals stroke is much different
than each individuals running gait. Also many more vectors are applied during swimming than
in running. None the less I was interested because I have a hard time counting whilst
swimming. Difficult to really concentrate on an aspect of your stroke and keep track of how
many strokes you took. Combine that with "what lap am I on?" and "when did I start that
last 100?" and I'm screwed. Have you seen anyone come out with anything similar to Speedo
stroke monitor?

~Matt

~Matt
 
P

Peter Wagner

Guest
curt wrote:
> Well, I received my finger lap counter the other day and used it yesterday and will be using if
> for swimming from now on.

Can you give us an URL?

>
> Enjoy, Curt

p
 
C

Curt

Guest
http://www.sportcount.com/product.php3

I got the more expensive one. Used it today and still my felling is great. It lets me concentrate on
more important things. I am reading the book Total Immersion and feel it is a great book. It helped
me cut time already and I only read the first 4 chapters.

Enjoy, Curt

"Al" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, [email protected] says...
> > Well, I received my finger lap counter the other day and used it
yesterday
> > and will be using if for swimming from now on. I hate to count when I
could
> > be thinking of other things while I swim. I lose track all the time. Anyway, the little counter
> > is cool. It tells you how fast you swim each lap, time per lap and total time. It is great for
> > me anyway.
> >
> > Just thought I would mention it. There are two types. One is just a
counter
> > and the more expensive one does all the above. I bought the more
expensive
> > one.
> >
> > Enjoy, Curt
>
> Curt, what brand/model did you get? Sorry if I missed it earlier in the thread.
>
> Thanks, Al
 
D

Donal Fagan

Guest
On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 19:25:50 GMT, MJuric wrote:

>Have you seen anyone come out with anything similar to Speedo stroke monitor?

No, but maybe Bill Geiser will come out with the 'Geiser Counter' one of these days.

Donal Fagan AIA [email protected]'Fagan.com (Anglicise the name to reply by e-mail)
 
A

Asweepay

Guest
>Combine that with "what lap am I on?" and "when did I start that last 100?" and I'm screwed.

Half the time I can't even remember what pool I'm in.