Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

Finishing my build...need help!

Started by ccrnnr9 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 990 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
31 March 2006
Last activity
2 April 2006
Original author
ccrnnr9
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
990
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. I am trying to decide on that last items I need to purchase for my Pedal Force ZX3 (pedalforce.com) frameset build. As of now I am pretty sure I have the wheelset determined and I am debating whether to get veloce or centaur groupset. Other than that, I will still need pedals, seat post, saddle, stem, bars, headset. If there is anything else I am forgetting, please let me know! As far as these items go, is there anything I should be aware of? I am probably going with Selle Italia Flite saddle and speedplay pedals. Other than that, I am in the dark. I do not want to spend too much on bars, bar tape, stem and headset. Any recomendations there? O, and as far as stem length goes, I have had a fit kit done and it recomends that my total reach is around 67cm. If the frame I am buying is a 57cm effective top tube length, would i be safe to buy a 100mm stem and do small adjustments from there? I was thinking about buying a carbon seatpost from pedal force for 59$. Any other recomendations?

    As far as bars go, I was thinkin these:
    http://www.totalcycling.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/247/groupID/2/categoryID/7/v/8bfdea40-09c9-461f-b3cc-7310c0857fb3

    or the ITM millenium or Pro 260 bars. I have no clue what to do with regards to headset. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am trying to keep costs of these items to a minimum where there really is no need to spend a lot.
    ~Nick

  2. ccrnnr9 said:

    I am trying to decide on that last items I need to purchase for my Pedal Force ZX3 (pedalforce.com) frameset build. As of now I am pretty sure I have the wheelset determined and I am debating whether to get veloce or centaur groupset. Other than that, I will still need pedals, seat post, saddle, stem, bars, headset. If there is anything else I am forgetting, please let me know! As far as these items go, is there anything I should be aware of? I am probably going with Selle Italia Flite saddle and speedplay pedals. Other than that, I am in the dark. I do not want to spend too much on bars, bar tape, stem and headset. Any recomendations there? O, and as far as stem length goes, I have had a fit kit done and it recomends that my total reach is around 67cm. If the frame I am buying is a 57cm effective top tube length, would i be safe to buy a 100mm stem and do small adjustments from there? I was thinking about buying a carbon seatpost from pedal force for 59$. Any other recomendations?

    As far as bars go, I was thinkin these:
    http://www.totalcycling.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/247/groupID/2/categoryID/7/v/8bfdea40-09c9-461f-b3cc-7310c0857fb3

    or the ITM millenium or Pro 260 bars. I have no clue what to do with regards to headset. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am trying to keep costs of these items to a minimum where there really is no need to spend a lot.
    ~Nick

    Get a good headset. Campy Chorus hiddenset can be had for $50 (Centaur as little as $35) and would fit that frame nicely and the pedalforce site specifically mentions Campy hiddenset compatibility.

    I agree with you that the other stuff is a place to save some money. If you have the time and don't have specific brand preferences, this is where eBay is helpful. Lots of people are dumping nice aluminum seatposts/stems/bars for very cheap because they have switched (notice I did not say upgrade) to high falutin' carbon stuff or a different size. Much of this is new take-offs from new bikes. I saw many nice stems on eBay today for less than $25.

    Also look in the clearance lists at places like Nashbar (They have Ritchey bars under $30 right now and old stock Modolos under $20).

    If you like those bars from Total cycling, go for it as that is a reasonable price.

    You should be able to get bars/stem/seatpost for under $100 easy.

  3. ccrnnr9 said:

    I am trying to decide on that last items I need to purchase for my Pedal Force ZX3 (pedalforce.com) frameset build. As of now I am pretty sure I have the wheelset determined and I am debating whether to get veloce or centaur groupset. Other than that, I will still need pedals, seat post, saddle, stem, bars, headset. If there is anything else I am forgetting, please let me know! As far as these items go, is there anything I should be aware of? I am probably going with Selle Italia Flite saddle and speedplay pedals. Other than that, I am in the dark. I do not want to spend too much on bars, bar tape, stem and headset. Any recomendations there? O, and as far as stem length goes, I have had a fit kit done and it recomends that my total reach is around 67cm. If the frame I am buying is a 57cm effective top tube length, would i be safe to buy a 100mm stem and do small adjustments from there? I was thinking about buying a carbon seatpost from pedal force for 59$. Any other recomendations?

    As far as bars go, I was thinkin these:
    http://www.totalcycling.com/ProductDetails/mcs/productID/247/groupID/2/categoryID/7/v/8bfdea40-09c9-461f-b3cc-7310c0857fb3

    or the ITM millenium or Pro 260 bars. I have no clue what to do with regards to headset. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am trying to keep costs of these items to a minimum where there really is no need to spend a lot.
    ~Nick


    Campy Centaur hiddenset, Thompson Elite Seat post & stem.
    Strong, reliable, durable, and nice looking.... all worth the effort.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.