Finishing my build...need help!

ccrnnr9

May 5, 2004
I am trying to decide on that last items I need to purchase for my Pedal Force ZX3 (pedalforce.com) frameset build. As of now I am pretty sure I have the wheelset determined and I am debating whether to get veloce or centaur groupset. Other than that, I will still need pedals, seat post, saddle, stem, bars, headset. If there is anything else I am forgetting, please let me know! As far as these items go, is there anything I should be aware of? I am probably going with Selle Italia Flite saddle and speedplay pedals. Other than that, I am in the dark. I do not want to spend too much on bars, bar tape, stem and headset. Any recomendations there? O, and as far as stem length goes, I have had a fit kit done and it recomends that my total reach is around 67cm. If the frame I am buying is a 57cm effective top tube length, would i be safe to buy a 100mm stem and do small adjustments from there? I was thinking about buying a carbon seatpost from pedal force for 59$. Any other recomendations?

As far as bars go, I was thinkin these:
http://www.totalcycling.com/Product...ryID/7/v/8bfdea40-09c9-461f-b3cc-7310c0857fb3

or the ITM millenium or Pro 260 bars. I have no clue what to do with regards to headset. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am trying to keep costs of these items to a minimum where there really is no need to spend a lot.
~Nick

ccrnnr9 said:
I am trying to decide on that last items I need to purchase for my Pedal Force ZX3 (pedalforce.com) frameset build. As of now I am pretty sure I have the wheelset determined and I am debating whether to get veloce or centaur groupset. Other than that, I will still need pedals, seat post, saddle, stem, bars, headset. If there is anything else I am forgetting, please let me know! As far as these items go, is there anything I should be aware of? I am probably going with Selle Italia Flite saddle and speedplay pedals. Other than that, I am in the dark. I do not want to spend too much on bars, bar tape, stem and headset. Any recomendations there? O, and as far as stem length goes, I have had a fit kit done and it recomends that my total reach is around 67cm. If the frame I am buying is a 57cm effective top tube length, would i be safe to buy a 100mm stem and do small adjustments from there? I was thinking about buying a carbon seatpost from pedal force for 59$. Any other recomendations?

http://www.totalcycling.com/Product...ryID/7/v/8bfdea40-09c9-461f-b3cc-7310c0857fb3

or the ITM millenium or Pro 260 bars. I have no clue what to do with regards to headset. Any help is greatly appreciated! I am trying to keep costs of these items to a minimum where there really is no need to spend a lot.
~Nick

Get a good headset. Campy Chorus hiddenset can be had for $50 (Centaur as little as $35) and would fit that frame nicely and the pedalforce site specifically mentions Campy hiddenset compatibility.

I agree with you that the other stuff is a place to save some money. If you have the time and don't have specific brand preferences, this is where eBay is helpful. Lots of people are dumping nice aluminum seatposts/stems/bars for very cheap because they have switched (notice I did not say upgrade) to high falutin' carbon stuff or a different size. Much of this is new take-offs from new bikes. I saw many nice stems on eBay today for less than $25.

Also look in the clearance lists at places like Nashbar (They have Ritchey bars under $30 right now and old stock Modolos under $20).

If you like those bars from Total cycling, go for it as that is a reasonable price.

You should be able to get bars/stem/seatpost for under $100 easy.

ccrnnr9 said:

~Nick
Campy Centaur hiddenset, Thompson Elite Seat post & stem.
Strong, reliable, durable, and nice looking.... all worth the effort.