FIR Rims?

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 17:27:29 -0400, Rick Onanian <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Er, seriously, engineers insist that kiln dried spruce is stronger,
>but it sure is brittle. IME, hem fir has proven itself to be much
>tougher, and I've yet to load KD spruce in any direction where it's
>stronger than hem fir.

OTOH, bamboo really has been used, especially for track. Evidently
someone decided then to try to make bamboo bikes, but those didn't
work out so well.

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:31:15 -0400, Curtis L. Russell
<[email protected]> wrote:
>OTOH, bamboo really has been used, especially for track. Evidently
>someone decided then to try to make bamboo bikes, but those didn't
>work out so well.

Actually, I thought the bamboo bikes (occasionally discussed here)
were supposed to be pretty good.

Bamboo flooring is beautiful.
--
Rick Onanian