First 10 mile TT any tips

Discussion in 'Cycling Training' started by Doug williams, Apr 8, 2003.

1. Doug williams

Doug williams New Member

Tomorrow evening I hope to complete my first 10 mile TT.
    Should I be doing any training today (last ride on Saturday hilly 40 miles)? Any tips for my first TT? Thanks.

Tags:

2. 2LAP

2LAP New Member

Doug,

Good luck with the 10, they are great fun once you get your head around them.

For training today, go out for a ride and have a go at warming up as if you are going to ride the 10 mile TT, then have a practice TT start (keep the effort going for 5 mins) and then cool down.

If you don't ride today you might find that your legs are a bit sluggish and if you do ride today its best to include some work at your racing speed.

Remember that to do well in a 10 you need a high average speed (not a fast start or fast finish), this is acheived by getting up to speed quickly, maintaining the speed and then sprinting for the line. Remember that if you let your mind wander your speed will drop, also breaking hard into corners and roundabouts can sometimes loose you speed. Consider freewheeling into corners to give you a rest while acheiving the same goal, a high average speed.