First Advert ...

Elyob

Guest
Just seen the first advert on ITV2 for the TdF ... Sat 4.30 .. :)

Hopefully it'll be a really big TV event this year .. I'm certainly looking forward to it ...

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 15:37:50 GMT, contributor Elyob had scribed:
> Just seen the first advert on ITV2 for the TdF ... Sat 4.30 .. :)
>
> Hopefully it'll be a really big TV event this year .. I'm certainly looking forward to it ...

According to the program schedule, ITV1 are devoting some small hour time to TdF from this morning
(aka tomorrow, Tuesday, morning).

Gary

--

The email address is for newsgroups purposes only and therefore unlikely to be read.

For contact via email use my real name with an underscore separator at the domain of CompuServe.

Watched TdF on Sunday and whilst it's good to see it back on the telly the commentators really need a good poking with a pointy stick.

After the crash, everyone that came on screen told us how all riders would get the same time and why. Some commentators even told us several times.

"Seamus" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...

> After the crash, everyone that came on screen told us how all riders would get the same time and
> why. Some commentators even told us several times.

I think the commentary was for the American market. Six minutes between ad breaks, of which one
minute must be spent advertising future programmes in the series, three minutes reprising what was
said before the ad break to compensate for channel-hopping and short attention spans, and two
minutes given over to getting a single point across (which is the most that can be attempted in any
segment according to network rules).

--
Guy
===

http://www.chapmancentral.com

Seamus wrote:
> Watched TdF on Sunday and whilst it's good to see it back on the telly the commentators really
> need a good poking with a pointy stick.

I was quite pleased that my missus sat and watched it with me. She was equally scathing of the
presenters, commenting that they were obviously dumbing down for an ITV audience.

Still, I'd rather have dumbed down coverage than no terrestrial analogue coverage at all.

Thomas Paine