FIRST AID KIT FOR CYCLISTS

Touring, long rides, brevet, and skin cuts allow bacterial invasion of
the body with probability of infection. Infection can cause or hasten
death.
THERFORE, riders of uh lets see, Touring, long rides, brevet, should
carry a first aid kit.
The novel first aid kit concept, first introduced in France, is
usually rejected by cyclists as effeminate.
However, keeping in mind the environment's natural state of eat
excrete and die, be aware that you ride through an unending rain of
****, dead bodies, rubber dust, all carrying deadly bacteria.
The steady downpour of debris continuously floats above the road
surface at knee height and lower where we are froced to poit out most
abrasions cut and scrapes occur, unless windblown which means your
breathing it.
SO! Before bacteria invade your body's protective envelope thru a
miner cut, scrape, or abrasion, wipe the **** off your skin and coat
with
IODINE! Carried next to the worthless chain tool. WCT
TINCTURE OF IODINE. TOI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_iodine

[email protected] wrote:
> Touring, long rides, brevet, and skin cuts allow bacterial invasion of
> the body with probability of infection. Infection can cause or hasten
> death.
> THERFORE, riders of uh lets see, Touring, long rides, brevet, should
> carry a first aid kit.
> The novel first aid kit concept, first introduced in France, is
> usually rejected by cyclists as effeminate.
> However, keeping in mind the environment's natural state of eat
> excrete and die, be aware that you ride through an unending rain of
> ****, dead bodies, rubber dust, all carrying deadly bacteria.
> The steady downpour of debris continuously floats above the road
> surface at knee height and lower where we are froced to poit out most
> abrasions cut and scrapes occur, unless windblown which means your
> breathing it.
> SO! Before bacteria invade your body's protective envelope thru a
> miner cut, scrape, or abrasion, wipe the **** off your skin and coat
> with
> IODINE! Carried next to the worthless chain tool. WCT
> TINCTURE OF IODINE. TOI
>

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tincture_of_iodine

I like your posts. I have no idea what drugs you're on, but keep taking
them :)

[email protected] wrote:
> Touring, long rides, brevet, and skin cuts allow bacterial invasion of
> the body with probability of infection. Infection can cause or hasten
> death.
> THERFORE, riders of uh lets see, Touring, long rides, brevet, should
> carry a first aid kit.
> The novel first aid kit concept, first introduced in France, is
> usually rejected by cyclists as effeminate.
> However, keeping in mind the environment's natural state of eat
> excrete and die, be aware that you ride through an unending rain of
> ****, dead bodies, rubber dust, all carrying deadly bacteria.
> The steady downpour of debris continuously floats above the road
> surface at knee height and lower where we are froced to poit out most
> abrasions cut and scrapes occur, unless windblown which means your
> breathing it.

Sounds like you've been paying too much attention to the alarmist doom
and gloom major USA media.

Greg

--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

[email protected] wrote:
> I was infected several times and enjoyed a microbio course

Ouch. I've never been infected but maybe things ARE getting worse out
there. My nephew recently got infected after sliding across the
basketball floor going after a loose ball.

Greg
--
The ticketbastard Tax Tracker:
http://www.ticketmastersucks.org/tracker.html

Dethink to survive - Mclusky

infection's you are aware of or infections you are infected with but
not aware of do not require a minimum sq mm area for invasion.
inspection and treatment of small cuts and abrasions are potentially
important no less than a large area cut or abrasion: probabbbly the
nephew's problem "it'll heal by itself" or he didn't see it.

On 2007-04-21, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> infection's you are aware of or infections you are infected with but
> not aware of do not require a minimum sq mm area for invasion.
> inspection and treatment of small cuts and abrasions are potentially
> important no less than a large area cut or abrasion: probabbbly the
> nephew's problem "it'll heal by itself" or he didn't see it.

Isn't it deep cuts that are more likely to get infected? Not sure why.

Ben C said:
Isn't it deep cuts that are more likely to get infected? Not sure why.
Deep cuts are more difficult to clean properly which is why they are more prone to infection. However, even superficial grazes can produce quite nasty infections if sufficiently contaminated.

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 04:21:35 -0500, Ben C <[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2007-04-21, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
>> infection's you are aware of or infections you are infected with but
>> not aware of do not require a minimum sq mm area for invasion.
>> inspection and treatment of small cuts and abrasions are potentially
>> important no less than a large area cut or abrasion: probabbbly the
>> nephew's problem "it'll heal by itself" or he didn't see it.

>Isn't it deep cuts that are more likely to get infected? Not sure why.

Harder to clean and also even the blood and liquid flow outwards
doesn't clean out the wound as well.
--
JT
****************************

> >Isn't it deep cuts that are more likely to get infected? Not sure why.

know the drawing of a hair follicle? or facial oil gland infected with
staph-acne? that's the deep cut. you're already covered in deep cuts!!
add the skin fractures (cuts) produced on the butt from saddle
pressure. collect bacteria on your clothing, sweat, transport...
search for an anatomy cross section of skin. not very thick. 2-3
layers of cells

On 2007-04-22, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Isn't it deep cuts that are more likely to get infected? Not sure why.

> know the drawing of a hair follicle? or facial oil gland infected with
> staph-acne? that's the deep cut. you're already covered in deep cuts!!
> add the skin fractures (cuts) produced on the butt from saddle
> pressure. collect bacteria on your clothing, sweat, transport...
> search for an anatomy cross section of skin. not very thick. 2-3
> layers of cells

True, but the kind of nasty cut I'm thinking of goes quite a bit deeper
than the skin.

Your suggestion to use iodine is interesting. They used to douse us in
that stuff back in primary school when we fell over in the playground,
but you don't seem to see it so much these days. In hospital they clean
up grazes with salt water out of little plastic sachets.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betadine

is the stuff for major road rash not salt water

bacteria are a serious problem in touring: wash the shins, cycle 1000
yards and the shins are again covered with a road dirt film. I was
'bitten' by an ant on two occasions where the ant bite became staph
infected: iodine could have saved the day. I didn't look closely. Skin
abrasions on the elbow are difficult to see, requires a conscious
effort to remember to check with a mirror image
..
sunscreen protects the shins from road dirt and getting burned off
from UV and wind burn.

On 2007-04-23, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betadine
>
> is the stuff for major road rash not salt water

I wondered if that was what they were using. But it says this is the
stuff "used in hospitals to prepare a patient's skin prior to surgery".
I know that stuff, it's a horrible bright orange colour. You wake up
feeling like they've covered you in jam (jelly?).

For road rash it was just salt water. I don't know how major my road
rash was but I think it was quite bad.

But I wasn't riding off again down the road and they were putting on the
proper bandages and stuff.