First Bike - Mongoose Rockadile ALX?

justo316

Apr 26, 2003
Is this bike any good? We are getting a seemingly good deal...

They are retailing here in Western Australia for $649 but we are getting them for $535.

Just wondering if anyone can tell me about this bike and whether I'm getting ripped off or not?

Well, we are going to be riding around the streets to start with. Eventually we want to be riding through the bush/mountains on dirts tracks etc.

We couldn't find a comparable bike for less.

Yeah, we checked out Giant. The only ones we found were The Rincon for $600 (Rockadile ALX is better feature wise I think, and cheaper), and the Boulder SE for $469 (which is probably more comparable to the Rockadile AL for $435).
Everything else is really out of our budget (<$600)

it would be ok if you didnt want to go thrugh mud or try out jumps. ive heard some good things about rockadales. it looks good. if you just wanted something simple cheap and that would last (especialy if ur getting over $100 off) go for it. ask a few more people and see wat they say.

Yeah, not really into the mud thing.... Jumps would be fun, but I'm not going to go silly or anything....Just want to get out in the open and have a bit of fun for now....

i had a $200 full suspension mtb from kmart. ive done so many big jumps and drop offs with it. it has that sticker that says "this bike is not for off road riding, jumping, or competition" and it has lasted me so yeah i reckon that bike would be fine.

I'm going on tuesday to get them. Just got a new price from a new shop, $455!!!!

And, they said they have the Mongoose Wing Comp for $600 (down from $720), which I can get for even less since I'm going to buy two bikes...

Can't wait!!!!

Your price sounds wacky. DickandBalls has it for $300 in the US and the Wing Comp for $299!

If you're going to spend $600 why don't you look at the Giants? You will be much happier.