FIRST BIKE PURCHASE

JHH10

Aug 27, 2010
I have recently become a biking enthusiast and over the past 6 months, have been using my teenage son's Diamondback multipurpose bike. I am riding roughly 4 times a week and my routes range around 25 miles. I have decided to purchase a road bike and began seriously shopping over the past two months. The more I have tried to education myself (by reading on-line blogs and visiting retailers), the more confused I have become. That said - I am pretty sure that I have made up my mind to purchase from a local, reputable bike shop because of their great customer service, affordable maintenance plan and convenience to my home. I am looking at a Trek and am trying to decide between a 2010 2.3 and a 2011 2.1. There is about a $250 price difference between the two and I have identifed pro's and con's about both.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated . . . thanks!

JHH10 said:
I have recently become a biking enthusiast and over the past 6 months, have been using my teenage son's Diamondback multipurpose bike. I am riding roughly 4 times a week and my routes range around 25 miles. I have decided to purchase a road bike and began seriously shopping over the past two months. The more I have tried to education myself (by reading on-line blogs and visiting retailers), the more confused I have become. That said - I am pretty sure that I have made up my mind to purchase from a local, reputable bike shop because of their great customer service, affordable maintenance plan and convenience to my home. I am looking at a Trek and am trying to decide between a 2010 2.3 and a 2011 2.1. There is about a $250 price difference between the two and I have identifed pro's and con's about both.

Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated . . . thanks!

What pro's and con's have you identified about them?

Between a common mistake for beginners is to buy a bike much more performance than They can handle.Plenty and people buy the wrong bike Because they just know they want one.Some types want the best of everything, some are more frugal and to consider the affordability of the first. The first decision you need to do what you want to do your own bike. If you want to ride on dirt trails if you want sports bike.