First Bike

DS Carrow

Nov 27, 2011
I'm new to cycling, I'm planning on buying my first bike next month. After about two months of reading through all the bikes in my price range I've decided on the Wilier Izoard xp with sram force from competitive cyclist 2,400. My question is: should I be putting my money into a better group (i.e) force over rival, or should I be upgrading thing like wheels, bars, saddle, seat post etc. From everything I've read this is a great bike, but is it a good starter bike? Thanx for any advice you may have.

Buy the bike that you like and can most afford. Your money will be better spent going for the better group. Wheels are the easiest thing to upgrade in the future. No matter what bike you get the odds are you will need to replace the saddle with one that is more anatomically correct for you.

I agree with davereo if you are going to upgrade something upgrade the group set. For your first bike you might just want to get a base level bike and see what is important to you and upgrade later.

thanks alot for the advice! The wilier was the only bike with sram force that I could in my price range (2,500), so I think I'll go with that and upgrade the wheels later.