First Century

Discussion in 'The Bike Cafe' started by dudebro, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dudebro

dudebro New Member

Just did my first century this past sunday. Took me about 8.5 hrs (including time spent at rest stops) with an avg speed of 14.8 mph and a max speed of 43.5 mph! Im pretty happy with my results considering that for about an hour my avg spd was 7-10 mph.

Tags:

2. Xsmoker

Xsmoker New Member

Congrats...nice job

3. Olasnah

Olasnah New Member

Congratulations!

4. djrocker257

djrocker257 New Member

Way to go! That has been a goal of mine for years, but never accomplished it.
    Are you ready to do another??

Doug

5. Scarantino

Scarantino New Member

Congrats! How did you feel after the ride? Any miles left in your legs?

6. gravelmuncher

gravelmuncher New Member

Congrat's !! Just don't do what I did after MY first tonne - lost all motivation and went back to brewing beer :eek:

When I finally got around to my second tonne, it hurt more than the first - which in turn was motivation enough to stay on my game!

gm

7. dudebro

dudebro New Member

I still had some miles left on my legs, or maybe it was just the second wind in me... As for another one, you bet. I have a semi-century on May 5 (90 miles to be exact). Thinking of riding to the starting point just to make it a full century. And I have 3 more later on in May. Sounds crazy doing a bunch of these but I have to get used to it. Especially with the HUGE event I've been choosen for this summer.

8. Scarantino

Scarantino New Member

What is the event? You can easily do a 100+ mile day once a week once you feel up to it.

9. dudebro

dudebro New Member

Its called the Texas4000, hence my avitar. Its a charity bike ride from Austin, TX to Anchorage, AK. Its about 4,600 miles done in 70 days. I wanna say that we're going to average about 80 miles a day.:cool:

10. Scarantino

Scarantino New Member

That is going to be awesome. Make sure to take a ton of pictures, you're going to see so many awesomet things along the way.

11. jcthomasjr

jcthomasjr New Member

Great to hear that. Centuries can be quite the adventure with the length of time, change of pace depending on how you feel at different times, and with stopping. Haven't done one for a couple of years but looking to do a couple this year. I don't know if this was the case on your ride, but I have always been amazed by the diversity in age and skill level on centuries - it never ceases to amaze me. Congrats!