First Century

dudebro

Apr 16, 2007
Just did my first century this past sunday. Took me about 8.5 hrs (including time spent at rest stops) with an avg speed of 14.8 mph and a max speed of 43.5 mph! Im pretty happy with my results considering that for about an hour my avg spd was 7-10 mph.

dudebro said:
Just did my first century this past sunday. Took me about 8.5 hrs (including time spent at rest stops) with an avg speed of 14.8 mph and a max speed of 43.5 mph! Im pretty happy with my results considering that for about an hour my avg spd was 7-10 mph.
Congratulations!

Way to go! That has been a goal of mine for years, but never accomplished it.
Are you ready to do another??

Doug

Congrat's !! Just don't do what I did after MY first tonne - lost all motivation and went back to brewing beer :eek:

When I finally got around to my second tonne, it hurt more than the first - which in turn was motivation enough to stay on my game!

gm

I still had some miles left on my legs, or maybe it was just the second wind in me... As for another one, you bet. I have a semi-century on May 5 (90 miles to be exact). Thinking of riding to the starting point just to make it a full century. And I have 3 more later on in May. Sounds crazy doing a bunch of these but I have to get used to it. Especially with the HUGE event I've been choosen for this summer.

What is the event? You can easily do a 100+ mile day once a week once you feel up to it.

Its called the Texas4000, hence my avitar. Its a charity bike ride from Austin, TX to Anchorage, AK. Its about 4,600 miles done in 70 days. I wanna say that we're going to average about 80 miles a day.:cool:

dudebro said:
Its called the Texas4000, hence my avitar. Its a charity bike ride from Austin, TX to Anchorage, AK. Its about 4,600 miles done in 70 days. I wanna say that we're going to average about 80 miles a day.:cool:
That is going to be awesome. Make sure to take a ton of pictures, you're going to see so many awesomet things along the way.

dudebro said:
Great to hear that. Centuries can be quite the adventure with the length of time, change of pace depending on how you feel at different times, and with stopping. Haven't done one for a couple of years but looking to do a couple this year. I don't know if this was the case on your ride, but I have always been amazed by the diversity in age and skill level on centuries - it never ceases to amaze me. Congrats!