First Commute

MarkInNC

Apr 15, 2007
I have been riding for about a year now and one of the goals I had set for myself was to use my bike to commute to and from work. I live 17 miles away from work. Riding 17 miles is not difficult. Arranging things to be transparent and putting aside the time is more difficult. I wound up leaving half of my clothes and shower stuff at work. I left at 430 and was at my desk working before six.

Going to try and get two OK weather days a week and ride.

Mark

Excellent. That kind of commute is impressive! I hope to begin commuting this summer myself (a measly 6 km one way)... for the moment I am stuck in the car taking the daughters to school in the morning. :mad:

Keep going, all the sorting the gear out, getting shower gel, etc sorts itself out. I have a locker with the "basics", (in case I forgewt something), which are underpants and socks. My locker also includes, shower gel, body spray, deoderant, one of those "puff" things for shower gel and also a spare razor, (old mach 3), and shaving gel in case I over sleep. I carry my work clothes each day and I bung the stuff in the wash and tumble-dryer every day. I am working on buying duplicates of stuff so I'm a bit more environmentally friendly re tumble-dryer use. I eat for breakfast a great meal of brown rice and a tin of salmon and that keeps me going for ages even after the ride in.