First decent bike.

_Corey_

Jun 29, 2005
I am finnaly going to get myself a decent, compared to the Canadian Tire bikes I have had in the past. A bike that has caught my interest is the Norco Sasquatch. I am able to get this used for $600 Canadian. Is this bike worth the money? Will it last? Any better bikes in and around the same price range? I would like to have disc brakes, front shocks and a hardtail, those are my only requirements.

Thanks for reading,
Corey

Now, since I have been looking some more. I have found a used Norco BigFoot for around $450 Canadian. Which would be the better buy? I'm assuming the Sasquatch since it is more new. But, I mean for performance, quality, etc.

Thanks,
Corey

You probably haven't received any answers because we don't know what type of riding you want this mountain bike to handle. Cross country, downhill, big-air jumps, urban?

Oh, Sorry about that. I didn't know I had to. Well, I like to go places in town with my bikes, go on decent trails (Beginner - Intermiate(sp?)) I like to go off small to medium jumps (1ft - 3ft). So I kinda just want a bike to beat on without having to worry about it breaking. I read on MTBR.com that these are the pefect bikes for this (In my price range), also from the bike shop I have been talking to. Hope this helps, if you need anymore info feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Corey

I can't help you... but hey let me know which bike you finally buy and how it suits you... I'm exactly at the same situation as you.. same money, same bike use...
I think for that money, if it's of the correct size.. mainly any bike will do it

_Corey_ said:
Can anyone help me?
I'm not "in the know" when it comes to urban/freeride bikes, but it looks like the Norco's you mentioned are great bikes (according to mtbr.com). Buying from your local bike shop is a great thing, but I would also check out Ebay.:)