First decent bike.

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by _Corey_, Jun 29, 2005.

1. _Corey_

_Corey_ New Member

I am finnaly going to get myself a decent, compared to the Canadian Tire bikes I have had in the past. A bike that has caught my interest is the Norco Sasquatch. I am able to get this used for $600 Canadian. Is this bike worth the money? Will it last? Any better bikes in and around the same price range? I would like to have disc brakes, front shocks and a hardtail, those are my only requirements.

Thanks for reading,
    Corey

Tags:

2. _Corey_

_Corey_ New Member

Now, since I have been looking some more. I have found a used Norco BigFoot for around $450 Canadian. Which would be the better buy? I'm assuming the Sasquatch since it is more new. But, I mean for performance, quality, etc.

Thanks,
    Corey

3. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

You probably haven't received any answers because we don't know what type of riding you want this mountain bike to handle. Cross country, downhill, big-air jumps, urban?

4. _Corey_

_Corey_ New Member

Oh, Sorry about that. I didn't know I had to. Well, I like to go places in town with my bikes, go on decent trails (Beginner - Intermiate(sp?)) I like to go off small to medium jumps (1ft - 3ft). So I kinda just want a bike to beat on without having to worry about it breaking. I read on MTBR.com that these are the pefect bikes for this (In my price range), also from the bike shop I have been talking to. Hope this helps, if you need anymore info feel free to ask.

Thanks,
    Corey

5. _Corey_

_Corey_ New Member

Can anyone help me?

6. BlueIcarus

BlueIcarus New Member

I can't help you... but hey let me know which bike you finally buy and how it suits you... I'm exactly at the same situation as you.. same money, same bike use...
    I think for that money, if it's of the correct size.. mainly any bike will do it

7. Scotty_Dog

Scotty_Dog New Member

I'm not "in the know" when it comes to urban/freeride bikes, but it looks like the Norco's you mentioned are great bikes (according to mtbr.com). Buying from your local bike shop is a great thing, but I would also check out Ebay.:)