Cycling Training · Public discussion

First Gran Fondo, suggestions?

Started by biserker1 · · Last activity · 3 posts · 736 views

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Training
Published
1 August 2011
Last activity
1 August 2011
Original author
biserker1
Posts
3
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
736
Views / 30 days
0
Topics

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 1–3 of 3
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Signed up for my first Gran Fondo in Philadelphia. approx. 75 miles, 5 Cat 5 climbs and two weeks away! I have been training for the ride and am looking forward to it. Last year i participated in the Livestrong 75 mile ride and blew myself out in the first 50 miles trying to keep up. I didn't really know how to manipulate the gears of the bike to help me climb. This is my fourth year riding so still learning...

    Anyone finish on of these rides? Any suggestions comments would be appreciated!

  2. Learn to shift. It makes it much easier to do hills.

    The hills seem to be rather short but steep (300' of elevation change and 10% grade). I would suggest that you get into the small front chain ring at the base of the hills and then shift into the rear cog that you need.

    Most important is to take it easy. Don't ride with guys where it is work to keep up.

  3. Thanks for the info. I didn't really use the small front ring in the livstrong race last year. I blew up pretty quick.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.