First Grind!! :-D

joe

Guest
Hey Folks,

Well, I'm really happy!

The other day, I met some mates up in Newcastle. They were on their
bikes, and I went up on my Trials.
We met at a skate park (which I hadnt been to before) and it was fairly
quiet, so I did some stuff on my uni, while they did jumps on their
bikes.

I never usually go to skate parks, so I never have anything to learn to
grind on.
I started off on a flat grind thing, I dont know what they call them,
and could only just do it. I found it suprisingly easy actually.

I then tried it out on a slope. After a few attempts, I got it! I think
I'm going to go back to the park again, as it was really cool.

I was able to drop into the bowl from a table, grind, jump the steps,
gaps and do some 'freestyle' stuff.

Anyways, I got 2 short clips of me grinding...
'First video' (http://tinyurl.com/2np76) and 'second video'
(http://tinyurl.com/295pm). I'm so pleased I have laernt how to grind. I
am now going to work on rails...

Also check out a thread (which I aint made as I type this....) on Just
Conversation, called 'Bar55'. Its a clip of my mate on bike bike... just
watch it - its awesome!!!

Cheers,

Joe,

--
joe - Who needs cranks anyways?

:cool: *www.cool.unicyclist.com* :cool:

'I like to show off in front of people not to show them what I can do,
but to show them what can be done on a unicycle' - Sofa

'SIXSIXONE' (http://www.sixsixone.com)
joe's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/957

Too funny! looks like we've reeached the same level at he same time!
I've just learned to grind today! I've actually done one (one not more)
180 to grind on a plastic park bench...I'm proud of that...

I should be alot better in a few days....

--
Murde Mental - Unicycling Martyr

"Cyclists of the world unite!
You have nothing to lose but your other wheel!"

~Owen Kirby

Murde Mental's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4463

I managed a short grind downa concrete legde (super waxed) last weekend
it feels so good , and isnt too hard once youve gotten the balls to do
it. theres a small sloping grind box in my towns skatepark but its right
hand side jobby, which is daunting cos its my rear crank and the side i
dont usually grab with.

Congratualtions joe, ill have to check out yourvideos when i get home ,
i cant see them at work, and i proabably shouldnt be trying to view them
anyway seeing as im quite busy

--
tom_edmonds - Finally...less talking, more riding

"rest and elevation" we know its all we'll be told, so why do we still
go and wait in A&E all day?
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992

I'm also without a skatepark but managed my first grind on a wet wooden
wheelchair ramp last week. I only had two feet of ramp before I ran out
though. Then two nights ago I was in PEI and I busted my uni. A short
while later I found an eight stair set that was also wet and wooden. I
was grinding the edge of it on my feet, and then was grinding the hand
rail. I can't decide if it was best my uni was broken or not. If it
wasn't, there is a good chance I would of tried it on my uni, with one
of two results. I would of greased it, or I would of eaten dirt. But it
would have been interesting.

David

--
darchibald - Unofficial level 4.6

"Testacles still intact" ~ My mom's reaction after watching me do a
suicide mount.
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

thanks for the replies.

Murde Mental, cool! :) I havnt practiced yet, but I plan to go back to
the skate park soon!

Once you get the balls to grind, it aint too bad...

Cheers,

Joe,

--

joe wrote:
> *
> Once you get the balls to grind, it aint too bad...
> *

Then you have to work up the balls to doing a handrail, and well thats a
different ball game. hmmmm one day maybe but i doubt its going to be
soon. I just have visions of being lent back too far and being dumped
backwards onto the steps. good luck to you joe, im sure youll work up
to them soon enough tho, your a great rider

--
tom_edmonds - Finally...less talking, more riding

"rest and elevation" we know its all we'll be told, so why do we still
go and wait in A&E all day?
tom_edmonds's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3992

Thanks Tom,

Yeah, you get the balls to grind a ledge, which in the end dont seem too
bad, but then you just look at a rail, and it is a whole new ball game!
lol. Hopefully I will get there one day... with a little practice! :p

Joe,