First helmet cam video

Kantspel

Guest
You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.

2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
something better)

http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv

Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not quite
xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.

Thanks you-know-who

Nice video. I like the music. I get tired of all the rap/rock on most other videos.

kantspel wrote:
> You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
> low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
> everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>
> 2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
> something better)
>
> http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>
> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>
> Thanks you-know-who

Cool. That looks like a fun little playground. I've had the
same issues with sunlight on my cam and have been trying to
come up with a good polarizing filter for it which should
help some (not sure how much).

Now you need to dial in your mount to try and keep it level
(also struggled with that).

Thanks for sharing.

Matt

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:30:51 -0500, kantspel wrote:

> You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
> low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
> everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.

The obvious solution to this is to ride the trail in the
opposite direction :)

> 2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
> something better)
>
> http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>
> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.

Nice. Quarries / bombholes are always good for a giggle.

On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 10:30:51 -0500, kantspel wrote:

> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.

Looks like XC to me...looks like fun, anyway!

--
-BB- To reply to me, drop the attitude (from my e-mail
address, at least)

MattB wrote:

> kantspel wrote:
>
>>You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
>>low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
>>everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>>
>>2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
>>something better)
>>
>>http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>>
>>Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
>>quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>>
>>Thanks you-know-who
>

> Cool. That looks like a fun little playground. I've had
> the same issues with sunlight on my cam and have been
> trying to come up with a good polarizing filter for it
> which should help some (not sure how much).

I think I'll just try to do filming when the sun is
higher. When the trees have filled in it should be a
little better too.

> Now you need to dial in your mount to try and keep it
> level (also struggled with that).

I think the mount was good, mostly my head:) With all that
weight though I can't seem to find a way to really hold the
helmet on well, lots of jostleing

> Thanks for sharing.

no prob, hopefull more and better to come. Thanks for
the feedback

DaveWV wrote:
> Nice video. I like the music. I get tired of all the
> rap/rock on most other videos.

Glad you like it. I have bunch of non-rap/rock/punk
music (well maybe a little old skool punk) in mind for
future vids.

On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 11:30:26 -0600, "MattB" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Cool. That looks like a fun little playground. I've had the
>same issues with sunlight on my cam and have been trying to
>come up with a good polarizing filter for it which should
>help some (not sure how much).

It will help very little.

The best solution is to make a lens hood out of tape and
heavy paper/plastic if you have to ride when the sun
angle is low.

Cool but I'm from Florida. Those hills made me car sick.

"kantspel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
> low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
> everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>
> 2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
> something better)
>
> http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>
> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>
> Thanks you-know-who

kantspel <[email protected]> wrote:
> You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
> low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
> everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>
> 2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
> something better)
>
> http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>
> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>
> Thanks you-know-who

Cool. What's the title of the b/g music and who did it?

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

Zilla wrote:
> kantspel <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
>>low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
>>everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>>
>>2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
>>something better)
>>
>>http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>>
>>Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
>>quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>>
>>Thanks you-know-who
>

> Cool. What's the title of the b/g music and who did it?

That would be Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins doin Jerry's
Breakdown. Jerry's one of those country guys worth
listening to.

> Cool. What's the title of the b/g music and who did it?

That would be Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins doin Jerry's
Breakdown. Jerry's one of those country guys worth
listening to. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought it sounded like those two guys. Two of the best guitar players ever.

kantspel <[email protected]> wrote:
> Zilla wrote:
>> kantspel <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun
>>> was low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning.
>>> Plus everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>>>
>>> 2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for something
>>> better)
>>>
>>> http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>>>
>>> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
>>> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>>>
>>> Thanks you-know-who
>>

>> Cool. What's the title of the b/g music and who did it?
>>
> That would be Jerry Reed and Chet Atkins doin Jerry's
> Breakdown. Jerry's one of those country guys worth
> listening to.

No doubt (not the band, just the expression!). So is Chet.

--
- Zilla Cary, NC (Remove XSPAM)

"kantspel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> You might want to wear sunglasses to watch it, the sun was
> low and flashes the camera a lot in the beginning. Plus
> everyone looks cooler in sunglasses.
>
> 2 min, 8 meg, win media 9 format (looking for
> something better)
>
> http://66.92.236.85/testatquarry.wmv
>
> Shot at the local playground aka quarry park, it's not
> quite xc, not quite freeride, just a happy medium.
>
> Thanks you-know-who

Great video. Can't wait till you post the next one.