First highspeed crash

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Jun 19, 2003.

  1. Well crash is maybe too strong a word.

    We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree left
    turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the tunnel and
    power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.

    Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
    last night.

    So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got
    roadrash on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike
    survived wthout any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held
    on by QR so no problem)

    I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
    wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.

    M.

    Tags:

  2. Good to see you & Mr. Bent are okay and not mangled.
    -------------------------
    > Well crash is maybe too strong a word.
    >
    > We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree
    > left turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the
    > tunnel and power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.
    >
    > Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
    > last night.
    >
    > So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got roadrash
    > on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike survived wthout
    > any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held on by QR so no
    > problem)
    >
    > I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
    > wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.
    >
    > M.

  3. Jiimscozz

    Jiimscozz Guest

    > Well crash is maybe too strong a word.
    >
    > We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree
    > left turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the
    > tunnel and power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.
    >
    > Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
    > last night.
    >
    > So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got roadrash
    > on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike survived wthout
    > any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held on by QR so no
    > problem)
    >
    > I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
    > wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.
    >
    > M.
    Hope you did not ding up the new VK