First highspeed crash

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Mikael Seierup, Jun 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well crash is maybe too strong a word.

We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree left
    turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the tunnel and
    power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.

Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
    last night.

So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got
    roadrash on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike
    survived wthout any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held
    on by QR so no problem)

I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
    wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.

M.

Tags:

2. Good to see you & Mr. Bent are okay and not mangled.
    -------------------------
    "Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well crash is maybe too strong a word.
    >
    > We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree
    > left turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the
    > tunnel and power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.
    >
    > Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
    > last night.
    >
    > So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got roadrash
    > on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike survived wthout
    > any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held on by QR so no
    > problem)
    >
    > I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
    > wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.
    >
    > M.

3. Jiimscozz

Jiimscozz Guest

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Well crash is maybe too strong a word.
    >
    > We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree
    > left turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the
    > tunnel and power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.
    >
    > Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
    > last night.
    >
    > So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got roadrash
    > on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike survived wthout
    > any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held on by QR so no
    > problem)
    >
    > I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
    > wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.
    >
    > M.
    Hope you did not ding up the new VK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.