First highspeed crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mikael Seierup

Well crash is maybe too strong a word.

We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree left
turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the tunnel and
power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.

Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
last night.

So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got
roadrash on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike
survived wthout any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held
on by QR so no problem)

I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.

M.

Good to see you & Mr. Bent are okay and not mangled.
-------------------------
"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well crash is maybe too strong a word.
>
> We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree
> left turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the
> tunnel and power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.
>
> Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
> last night.
>
> So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got roadrash
> on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike survived wthout
> any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held on by QR so no
> problem)
>
> I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
> wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.
>
> M.

"Mikael Seierup" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Well crash is maybe too strong a word.
>
> We have a tunnel for bicycles going under a major road. The tunnel is downhill with a 70 degree
> left turn after the exit and a small uphill after that. This means you can coast through the
> tunnel and power into the turn and uphill. Great fun usually.
>
> Today there was a lot of seeds from a tree or something. Nice and soggy too after the rain
> last night.
>
> So down I went on my left side. Luckily the seeds acted as a sort of grease so I only got roadrash
> on my elbow and ankle plus some nice bruises on my arm and thigh. Ouch, ouch. Bike survived wthout
> any damage cept a tossed chain and the handlebars going out of alignment. (Held on by QR so no
> problem)
>
> I was wearing a helmet btw. but luckily I didn't bang my head on anything. I'm also very happy I
> wasn't on my DF. Now that would have hurt.
>
> M.
Hope you did not ding up the new VK

Status
Not open for further replies.