first illinois sneaux ride of the season.

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by BraveSirStupid, Dec 8, 2005.

  1. Today marked my first sneaux ride of the season, during a 4 inch fall
    and ~22F temps. Nice ride, but i had to take my 20 out.

    I've been off the uni a month or so and just could not get my muni
    going in the snow, so rather than practice sucking with the sun
    setting, i grabbed the li'l sun.

    I pulled about 4 miles along the Fox River Trail round trip from St.
    Chas towards Batavia. It was surprisingly easy, and all who saw me were
    entirely too misimpressed with my mad skillz.

    I have a new line to use in the winter: "Now you've seen everything!"
    The chicks dig it. :)

    I also verified a Natural Law: All protective equipment will be at an
    alternate starting point. (work, in this case). Of course, we all know
    the other law: the gear you don't have is the gear you need...

    ...and thus picked up a nice phat strawberry on my knee when I UPD'd
    just north of downtown Geneva on the sidewalk along Rt. 25. I was
    showing off to all the cars waiting for the light, making Jeanie arms
    while jetting through a narrow patch of virgin snow when i found a big
    sidewalk seam. WHAM. But I walked it off and rode on home.

    If only i had a camera... maybe i'll take a knee-blotting for a
    commerative souvineer.

    The other fun thing was the cyclist who wanted to take my picture. My
    wobble marks had been vexing him for a couple of miles...

    On a scale of 1 (bad) -->10 (good) i give today an 8. -1.5 for
    flobbing the muni, -.25 for forgetting my blinkie clown nose and -.25
    for not bleeding more.

    Not too bad.

    .max

    --
    BraveSirStupid

    -i am a poser. face-down on pavement, mostly, although sometimes i like
    to pose face-down in grass, but my favorite pose is
    madly-flailing-arms-with-rictus-of-terror-on-my-face-
    BraveSirStupid's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7738

  2. Palmercycle

    Palmercycle Guest

    Hi I'm a chicago unicyclist, spent much of today marveling at the
    several inches of snow that are coming down. On my way home from
    school, was shocked to see someone unicycling!! This may have been Erik
    Costlow, with whom I've ridden several times. Does anyone (or Erik)
    know who it was?

    --
    Palmercycle
    Palmercycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10303

  3. skate4flip

    skate4flip Guest

    I've been riding my BC alot since i got it 2 days ago but now i can't
    because of the snow (im in batavia). I shoveled my driveway about 1.5
    hours ago and it already looks like it was never shoveled it all. At
    least it is not as cold today as yesterday (it was around -3
    farenheight yesterday).

    --
    skate4flip

    Post 23000, 25000, and 29000 in the Most Replys thread!!!!

    'My Gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/ba75x) *UPDATED 11/20/05*
    skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

  4. koebwil

    koebwil Guest

  5. BraveSirStupid wrote:

    > ...and thus picked up a nice phat strawberry on my knee when I UPD'd
    > [...] showing off ... making Jeanie arms

    This is soo excellent!!

    It's here! my macarena scab fell off this morning! it only took 12
    days* it's -right here-!!

    ..max
    *and now we know what the twelfth day of christmas brings