First offense lifetime ban for dopers is needed now....!!

Ron Ruff wrote:
> I didn't realize that bank robbing was a pro sport... but I'm out of
> touch on many modern forms of entertainment.

Maybe in LA ? Presumably they get tested for coke and crack.

[email protected] wrote:

> The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
> that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
> sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
> companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
> problems finding a new sponsor.
>
> A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
> cleansing the sport of the cheats.

Retard,
You're late this year:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/def688cdbb3017ce

Kindly make your auto post in July so we increase our hit count.

On Aug 4, 7:59 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Aug 4, 11:15 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > What it will do is to instantly end a riders career if decides to
> > dope. It will also put a end to repeat offenders. When one considers
> > how much cheats have damaged the sport it is simply ridiculous to put
> > up with them. In the end it may not be 100% effective, but it deter
> > most of them hopefully.

> No, what it will do is end a rider's career if he
> decides to dope _and gets caught_. [And the doping
> conviction stands up in CAS

CAS...??
and the national fed
> doesn't find an excuse to let him off.] We know that
> many people have doped and not gotten caught. As
> lonng as there is a substantial chance of getting
> away with it, people will feel pressure to dope.

Doping technology is constantly evolving so there is no guarantee that
all cheats will be caught. We can however eliminate the repeat
offenders and those that are experimenting.

Andre wrote:
> Coca cola is very bad for your stomach anyway...good riddance.

Perhaps they can be replaced by other coke suppliers.

Donald Munro wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>>> The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
>>> that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
>>> sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
>>> companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
>>> problems finding a new sponsor.

> Andre wrote:
>> Coca cola is very bad for your stomach anyway...good riddance.

> Perhaps they can be replaced by other coke suppliers.

Maybe one of the Columbian Cartels could step up ?

Bill

On Sun, 05 Aug 2007 01:27:23 -0700, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Aug 4, 7:59 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> On Aug 4, 11:15 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> > What it will do is to instantly end a riders career if decides to
>> > dope. It will also put a end to repeat offenders. When one considers
>> > how much cheats have damaged the sport it is simply ridiculous to put
>> > up with them. In the end it may not be 100% effective, but it deter
>> > most of them hopefully.

>> No, what it will do is end a rider's career if he
>> decides to dope _and gets caught_. [And the doping
>> conviction stands up in CAS

>CAS...??
> and the national fed
>> doesn't find an excuse to let him off.] We know that
>> many people have doped and not gotten caught. As
>> lonng as there is a substantial chance of getting
>> away with it, people will feel pressure to dope.
>>

>Doping technology is constantly evolving so there is no guarantee that
>all cheats will be caught. We can however eliminate the repeat
>offenders and those that are experimenting.

What repeat offenders? Name two.

We already have what amounts to a life ban. Two years out of cycling and another
two off the pro tour is pretty much over. And what it does is force the rider to
take every penny he's got, lawyer up and fight it. Same as your life ban it
eliminates any chance of cooperation.

Ron

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 23:44:07 GMT, Tom Kunich wrote:

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>> The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
>> that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
>> sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
>> companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
>> problems finding a new sponsor.
>>
>> A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
>> cleansing the sport of the cheats.

> And we need a lifetime drivers license ban for anyone using a cell phone
> while driving. We need a lifetime ban for anyone speeding. We need a
> lifetime ban for anyone using any drug that impedes judgment when operating
> any dangerous machinery.
>
> In which case we'd save in the neighborhood of 10,000 lives every year.
>
> How many lives would be saved if we ban racers?

What was that again Tom? I'm sorry I can't understand you. You'll have to
remove that penis from your mouth.

The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
problems finding a new sponsor.

A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
cleansing the sport of the cheats.

NOt on a first offence but certainly on a second. You have to understand the pressures that must be on new cyclists from coaches, trainers and mostly from other cyclists who try to justify taking themelves by claiming that everyone does it.

So give them the benefit of the doubt first time. If the make the same "mistake" again then yes - out for life IMO.

But don't stop at the cyclists. It is difficult to accept that team officials don't know what is going on. They should get no chances and be out for life on first offence (a cyclist on their team gets caught a team member is strongly implicated - carrying drugs etc).

wrote:
> On Aug 4, 11:15 am, "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> > What it will do is to instantly end a riders career if decides to
> > dope. It will also put a end to repeat offenders. When one considers
> > how much cheats have damaged the sport it is simply ridiculous to put
> > up with them. In the end it may not be 100% effective, but it deter
> > most of them hopefully.

> No, what it will do is end a rider's career if he
> decides to dope _and gets caught_. [And the doping
> conviction stands up in CAS and the national fed
> doesn't find an excuse to let him off.] We know that
> many people have doped and not gotten caught. As
> lonng as there is a substantial chance of getting
> away with it, people will feel pressure to dope.
>
> "Hopefully" is not a sound basis for an anti-doping
> policy. You're basically talking about enforcing it
> like a crime, so you need to think about this based
> on knowledge of criminology, not on your wishes.

What we've also seen is asthmatics being found "non-negative" for
using a prescribed medication used by 5% of the population.

On Aug 5, 11:48 pm, mitosis <mitosis.2uv...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
>
> > The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
> > that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
> > sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
> > companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
> > problems finding a new sponsor.

> > A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
> > cleansing the sport of the cheats.

> NOt on a first offence but certainly on a second. You have to
> understand the pressures that must be on new cyclists from coaches,
> trainers and mostly from other cyclists who try to justify taking
> themelves by claiming that everyone does it.
>
> So give them the benefit of the doubt first time. If the make the same
> "mistake" again then yes - out for life IMO.
>
> But don't stop at the cyclists. It is difficult to accept that team
> officials don't know what is going on. They should get no chances and
> be out for life on first offence (a cyclist on their team gets caught a
> team member is strongly implicated - carrying drugs etc).
>
> --
> mitosis

dear yourtosis,

do you eat energy bars? use caffeine? gatorade? pasta?
what is the effect?
why do you do these incroyable disgusting acts?
because you're an intolerant Nazi playing chess?
or because you extended your limits riding a bicycle and want to
extend that limt NOW!
because its cool, it feels good, itsa rush, it relieves pain, you fly
over the road at day's end instead of crushing your body systems with
the last 5 miles.
now why would you kill these other riders? it all one thing. not
seperate acts, one act.
life. you are what you eat. starch fat protein cliff bars plus water.

datakoll said:
On Aug 5, 11:48 pm, mitosis <mitosis.2uv...@no-
mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:
> [email protected] Wrote:
>
> > The time is now for the UCI to implement a lifetime ban for any rider
> > that has tested positive. Pro cycling is losing a lot of major
> > sponsors and we cannot afford to let this go on. Coca Cola many other
> > companies have dropped their sponsorships Discovery is stil having
> > problems finding a new sponsor.

> > A first use lifetime ban will show that cycling is commited to
> > cleansing the sport of the cheats.

> NOt on a first offence but certainly on a second. You have to
> understand the pressures that must be on new cyclists from coaches,
> trainers and mostly from other cyclists who try to justify taking
> themelves by claiming that everyone does it.
>
> So give them the benefit of the doubt first time. If the make the same
> "mistake" again then yes - out for life IMO.
>
> But don't stop at the cyclists. It is difficult to accept that team
> officials don't know what is going on. They should get no chances and
> be out for life on first offence (a cyclist on their team gets caught a
> team member is strongly implicated - carrying drugs etc).
>
> --
> mitosis

dear yourtosis,

do you eat energy bars? use caffeine? gatorade? pasta?
what is the effect?
why do you do these incroyable disgusting acts?
because you're an intolerant Nazi playing chess?
or because you extended your limits riding a bicycle and want to
extend that limt NOW!
because its cool, it feels good, itsa rush, it relieves pain, you fly
over the road at day's end instead of crushing your body systems with
the last 5 miles.
now why would you kill these other riders? it all one thing. not
seperate acts, one act.
life. you are what you eat. starch fat protein cliff bars plus water.

dear confused,
maybe you should come down off whatever you are on before replying to posts. it may help you make sense. :D

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007 13:39:14 +1000, mitosis
<[email protected]> wrote:

>datakoll Wrote:
>> On Aug 5, 11:48 pm, mitosis <mitosis.2uv...@no-
>> mx.forums.cyclingforums.com> wrote:

>> rider

>> other

>> > NOt on a first offence but certainly on a second. You have to
>> > understand the pressures that must be on new cyclists from coaches,
>> > trainers and mostly from other cyclists who try to justify taking
>> > themelves by claiming that everyone does it.
>> >
>> > So give them the benefit of the doubt first time. If the make the

>> same
>> > "mistake" again then yes - out for life IMO.
>> >
>> > But don't stop at the cyclists. It is difficult to accept that team
>> > officials don't know what is going on. They should get no chances

>> and
>> > be out for life on first offence (a cyclist on their team gets caught

>> > team member is strongly implicated - carrying drugs etc).
>> >
>> > --
>> > mitosis

>> dear yourtosis,
>>
>> do you eat energy bars? use caffeine? gatorade? pasta?
>> what is the effect?
>> why do you do these incroyable disgusting acts?
>> because you're an intolerant Nazi playing chess?
>> or because you extended your limits riding a bicycle and want to
>> extend that limt NOW!
>> because its cool, it feels good, itsa rush, it relieves pain, you fly
>> over the road at day's end instead of crushing your body systems with
>> the last 5 miles.
>> now why would you kill these other riders? it all one thing. not
>> seperate acts, one act.
>> life. you are what you eat. starch fat protein cliff bars plus water.

>dear confused,
>maybe you should come down off whatever -you - are on before replying
>to posts. it may help you make sense. :D

He actually makes a tremendous amount of sense. More than your "burn the witch"
blather.

Ron