first pair of bicycle shorts

nomotornozen

Apr 1, 2006
I got my fist pair of bicycle shorts tonight, and plan on wearing them tomorrow. They felt funny wearing them in the store before I bought them, and I'm wondering how long it's going to take them to feel better after I use them while pedaling. Anyone got any advice besides to wash them before I wear them?
:confused:

First time I tried mine on it felt like I was wearing a diaper. Don't expect them to feel like normal, everyday, shorts. But, in the saddle they really pay off.

Different brands fit a little differently.

In my experience, the ones that feel the most comfoftable in the store are the ones you want.

Washing them should not make that much of a difference in the way they feel.

After couple of miles in the saddle, you 'll be glad your wearing them.

Good luck.

nomotornozen said:
I got my fist pair of bicycle shorts tonight, and plan on wearing them tomorrow. They felt funny wearing them in the store before I bought them, and I'm wondering how long it's going to take them to feel better after I use them while pedaling. Anyone got any advice besides to wash them before I wear them?
:confused:

I understand Chamois Butt'r also helps tremendously - but what do I know? Just started riding myself!

Isn't that pretty obvious? Of course, thats coming from a guy who put his first pair on backwards at the store...... I knew they felt wrong:D .

I found Performance had a good selection (bibs in my case) and several search methods (ie XXL). I ordered 3 intending on returning 1, 2 or all but found each fit pretty much the same so kept all 3... handy since I ride a lot Thu-Sun.

The main difference is in the pads and how they fit up front. The Performance bibs are the best by far BTW in my case.

So this was a very satisfactory strategy in my case for my first purchase. No way could a typical lbs stock so many options, and I think prices were better too.

I was told by several "not to wear underwear" under my bike shorts. Being an old guy stuck in my ways, Had to find out for myself. NEVER AGAIN!

bike shorts are designed to fit up against your body. and they are designed to eliminate chafing caused by seams. wearing something under them defeats this purpose. it would be like wearing a bra under a bra. or something like that.