First Recumbent century of 03

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Dave Is Here, Apr 27, 2003.

  1. Dave Is Here

    Dave Is Here Guest

    I have to admit that this was a long time coming. I had done other centuries this year but until
    today, I hadn't ridden my recumbent more than 50 miles a time.

    I started today with mike s and his wife Joan. He has a Barcroft and she a Gold Rush Replica with a
    body sock. We were riding from the riverfront in Havana Illinois. After a slow start I spotted a
    group of road bike riders about a half mile ahead resplendent with their Colnogos, Lightspeeds and
    such. After dropping the paceline. I did spot a couple of other recumbents, one was a bikeE CT and
    the other I was not sure about. I finished the organized ride with a couple of other friends. After
    driving home I completed out the last 33.3 miles on my own. The total time including the driving,
    stopping was 10 hours. The on the bike time was 6 hours.

    My riding goals for 03 are to ride 10,000 miles and do 50 centuries. To-date I have 3075 miles and
    22 centuries. My riding logs are at www.big-dogs.org Dave Wishbone #102

    Tags:

  2. Mike S

    Mike S Guest

    [email protected] (dave is here) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > I have to admit that this was a long time coming. I had done other centuries this year but until
    > today, I hadn't ridden my recumbent more than 50 miles a time.
    >
    > I started today with mike s and his wife Joan. He has a Barcroft and she a Gold Rush Replica with
    > a body sock. We were riding from the riverfront in Havana Illinois. After a slow start

    What is one man's trash is another man's fortune. The slow start that Dave is mentioning consisted
    of both the wife and I trying to keep up with this guy on his 20/20 Wishbone with homemade fairing.
    When he gets going he resembles a dart as he tears down the road. This man can motor.

    I spotted a group of
    > road bike riders about a half mile ahead resplendent with their Colnogos, Lightspeeds and such.
    > After dropping the paceline. I did spot a couple of other recumbents, one was a bikeE CT and the
    > other I was not sure about. I finished the organized ride with a couple of other friends. After
    > driving home I completed out the last 33.3 miles on my own. The total time including the driving,
    > stopping was 10 hours. The on the bike time was 6 hours.

    What Dave also didn't mention was the day before at his organized ride in Macomb, Illinois, he did a
    century on his single gear bike. Up and down the hills in one gear. Did I mention before that this
    guy can motor?

    > My riding goals for 03 are to ride 10,000 miles and do 50 centuries. To-date I have 3075 miles and
    > 22 centuries. My riding logs are at www.big-dogs.org Dave Wishbone #102

    Mike S St. Louis, Mo The one left behind as he zooms down the road.

  3. Tom Sherman

    Tom Sherman Guest

    mike s wrote:
    > ... What is one man's trash is another man's fortune. The slow start that Dave is mentioning
    > consisted of both the wife and I trying to keep up with this guy on his 20/20 Wishbone with
    > homemade fairing. When he gets going he resembles a dart as he tears down the road. This man can
    > motor....

    Mike,

    Time to put the Zzipper and a bodysock on the Virginia, I think. :)

    By the way, the "trash" Mike is referring to is the recycled coroplast advertising signs that Dave's
    Wishbone tailbox is made from.