First Results Ronco Rotisserie

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Boron Elgar, Jan 1, 2006.

  1. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.

    Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?

    Boron

    Tags:

  2. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 07:44:33p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron Elgar?

    > We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    > perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
    >
    > Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
    >
    > Boron

    LOL! They promise it's a breeze to cook in. They didn't promise it would be
    a breeze to clean. I thought about that factor long and hard before I
    decided not to buy one.

    If someone has an easy solution to cleaning it, I might reconsider buying
    one.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  3. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On 2 Jan 2006 03:52:06 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun 01 Jan 2006 07:44:33p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron Elgar?
    >
    >> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    >> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
    >>
    >> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
    >>
    >> Boron

    >LOL! They promise it's a breeze to cook in. They didn't promise it would be
    >a breeze to clean. I thought about that factor long and hard before I
    >decided not to buy one.
    >
    >If someone has an easy solution to cleaning it, I might reconsider buying
    >one.

    Maybe he'll come out with an invention to clean it.

    Boron

  4. On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:44:33 -0500, Boron Elgar
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    > perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
    >
    > Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?

    All we had to clean was the heat deflector and the grill pan at the
    bottom. Did yours squirt and sputter all over the walls and ceiling?

    Glad the lamb turned out well for you!
    Carol

  5. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 07:54:28p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    Elgar?

    > On 2 Jan 2006 03:52:06 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun 01 Jan 2006 07:44:33p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    >>Elgar?
    >>
    >>> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    >>> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
    >>>
    >>> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
    >>>
    >>> Boron

    >>LOL! They promise it's a breeze to cook in. They didn't promise it
    >>would be a breeze to clean. I thought about that factor long and hard
    >>before I decided not to buy one.
    >>
    >>If someone has an easy solution to cleaning it, I might reconsider
    >>buying one.

    > Maybe he'll come out with an invention to clean it.
    >
    > Boron

    I like your optimism! I really like the rotisserie and would really like
    to have one, but I hate buying anything that might pose a cleaning problem.
    Almost everything I use in the kitchen goes in the dishwasher.

    BTW, that boneless leg of lamb sounds delicious! I wonder if I could make
    than on the rotisserie of my gas grill?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  6. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:55:28 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:44:33 -0500, Boron Elgar
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    >> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
    >>
    >> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?

    >All we had to clean was the heat deflector and the grill pan at the
    >bottom. Did yours squirt and sputter all over the walls and ceiling?

    The side walls and the front glass. We're pre-soaking the glass and
    that goes in the dishwasher, so it may be ok, but the side walls have
    splatt on them. I'll try the Dawn spray stuff, but I have none in the
    house now.

    Your turkey didn't squirt on the side walls? Demure and well-behaved
    it was!

    >Glad the lamb turned out well for you!

    I think you'll like it. Boneless at $4.79/lb.

    Boron

  7. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On 2 Jan 2006 04:04:07 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >BTW, that boneless leg of lamb sounds delicious! I wonder if I could make
    >than on the rotisserie of my gas grill?

    That is how we cook it in decent weather.

    We do that once every 2-3 weeks in the summer. The kids all love it &
    the leftovers make great curry.

    Boron

  8. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 08:07:14p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron Elgar?

    > On 2 Jan 2006 04:04:07 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >

    >>BTW, that boneless leg of lamb sounds delicious! I wonder if I could make
    >>than on the rotisserie of my gas grill?

    > That is how we cook it in decent weather.
    >
    > We do that once every 2-3 weeks in the summer. The kids all love it &
    > the leftovers make great curry.

    Great! I'm lucky that I can do that any time of the year out here in AZ.
    Did you ever post the recipe for this? Did I miss it? I must try this!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  9. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On 2 Jan 2006 04:11:51 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun 01 Jan 2006 08:07:14p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron Elgar?
    >
    >> On 2 Jan 2006 04:04:07 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>

    >>>BTW, that boneless leg of lamb sounds delicious! I wonder if I could make
    >>>than on the rotisserie of my gas grill?

    >> That is how we cook it in decent weather.
    >>
    >> We do that once every 2-3 weeks in the summer. The kids all love it &
    >> the leftovers make great curry.

    >Great! I'm lucky that I can do that any time of the year out here in AZ.
    >Did you ever post the recipe for this? Did I miss it? I must try this!

    I marinate the leg with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, tarragon
    and rosemary. I stuff the herbs into the "insides" of the rolled leg
    and onto the rotisserie it goes. We take it off at 140 degrees & we
    like our lamb pink.

    Boron

  10. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 08:14:16p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    Elgar?

    > On 2 Jan 2006 04:11:51 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun 01 Jan 2006 08:07:14p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    >>Elgar?

    >>> That is how we cook it in decent weather.
    >>>
    >>> We do that once every 2-3 weeks in the summer. The kids all love it &
    >>> the leftovers make great curry.

    >>Great! I'm lucky that I can do that any time of the year out here in
    >>AZ. Did you ever post the recipe for this? Did I miss it? I must try
    >>this!

    > I marinate the leg with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, garlic, tarragon
    > and rosemary. I stuff the herbs into the "insides" of the rolled leg
    > and onto the rotisserie it goes. We take it off at 140 degrees & we
    > like our lamb pink.

    That sounds perfect! Everything I like. I've saved this to make very
    soon, hopefully next weekend.

    Thank you!

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  11. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On 2 Jan 2006 04:29:29 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >That sounds perfect! Everything I like. I've saved this to make very
    >soon, hopefully next weekend.
    >
    >Thank you!

    A pleasure. Enjoy.

    Boron

  12. On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:04:36 -0500, Boron Elgar
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 20:55:28 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:44:33 -0500, Boron Elgar
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:
    > >
    > >> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
    > >> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
    > >>
    > >> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?

    > >All we had to clean was the heat deflector and the grill pan at the
    > >bottom. Did yours squirt and sputter all over the walls and ceiling?

    > The side walls and the front glass. We're pre-soaking the glass and
    > that goes in the dishwasher, so it may be ok, but the side walls have
    > splatt on them. I'll try the Dawn spray stuff, but I have none in the
    > house now.
    >
    > Your turkey didn't squirt on the side walls? Demure and well-behaved
    > it was!

    Wow! Apparently, turkeys have better manners than lambs do. Nope,
    our side walls are absolutely fine. We've made a turkey and a half
    ham in there so far. No problems.

    I think you just need a cheaper cut of meat. ;o)

    Carol

  13. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:56:56 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >I think you just need a cheaper cut of meat. ;o)

    Chicken is next!

    Boron

  14. On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:59:11 -0500, Boron Elgar
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:56:56 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >I think you just need a cheaper cut of meat. ;o)

    > Chicken is next!

    Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.

    Carol

  15. Boron Elgar

    Boron Elgar Guest

    On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    >On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:59:11 -0500, Boron Elgar
    ><[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:56:56 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I think you just need a cheaper cut of meat. ;o)

    >> Chicken is next!

    >Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
    >
    >Carol

    I suppose you were just winging it!

    Boron

  16. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 09:20:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    Elgar?

    > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:59:11 -0500, Boron Elgar
    >><[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Chicken is next!

    >>Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
    >>
    >>Carol

    > I suppose you were just winging it!
    >
    > Boron

    Speaking of winging it, does the Ronco have a basket available for the
    rotisserie that one could put a bunch of wings in?

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  17. Boron Elgar wrote:
    > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:59:11 -0500, Boron Elgar
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Chicken is next!

    >> Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
    >>
    >> Carol

    > I suppose you were just winging it!
    >
    > Boron

    I believe spun chicken is the best...I've done thin lime slices under
    the skin and a Garlic butter paste under the skin...Lime was best...but
    slice it real thin or it leaves a bitter aftertaste. So juicy! I Gots a
    GF spinner...never needed to clean the sides...everything else fits in
    the dishwasher...The reflector gets periodically cleaned with oven
    cleaner as well.

  18. Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    > On Sun 01 Jan 2006 09:20:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    > Elgar?
    >
    >> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    >> <[email protected]> wrote:

    >>> Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
    >>>
    >>> Carol

    >> I suppose you were just winging it!
    >>
    >> Boron
    >>

    > Speaking of winging it, does the Ronco have a basket available for the
    > rotisserie that one could put a bunch of wings in?

    both the ronco and the GF have a basket attachment...

  19. On Sun 01 Jan 2006 09:44:46p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Mr Libido
    Incognito?

    > Wayne Boatwright wrote:
    >> On Sun 01 Jan 2006 09:20:25p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron
    >> Elgar?

    >>> I suppose you were just winging it!
    >>>
    >>> Boron
    >>>

    >> Speaking of winging it, does the Ronco have a basket available for the
    >> rotisserie that one could put a bunch of wings in?
    >>

    > both the ronco and the GF have a basket attachment...

    Thanks, Alan. That could be useful for a lot of things.

    --
    Wayne Boatwright *¿*

  20. On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:20:25 -0500, Boron Elgar
    <[email protected]> wrote:

    > On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
    > <[email protected]> wrote:
    >
    > >On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:59:11 -0500, Boron Elgar
    > ><[email protected]> wrote:

    > >> Chicken is next!

    > >Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
    > >
    > >Carol

    > I suppose you were just winging it!

    Yeah, and I got barbecue sauce all over my fingers. You owe me a
    keyboard!

    Carol