First Results Ronco Rotisserie

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:20:14 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:20:25 -0500, Boron Elgar
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>> >Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
>> >
>> >Carol

>> I suppose you were just winging it!

>Yeah, and I got barbecue sauce all over my fingers. You owe me a
>keyboard!
>
>Carol

The pleasure is all mine. I have a box full in the basement. Take your
pick.

Boron

Boron Elgar wrote:

> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
>
> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
>
> Boron

You're not supposed to clean it. Just let that brown
stuff bake on. It doesn't touch the food, so who cares?

This reminds me of an old Ann Landers column in which
a reader said she was surprised to find out that some
of her friends were cleaning the inside of the toilet
tank! The bowl, yes, but who cleans the tank? And why?
(I've only recently come around to the point of view
that the bowl should be cleaned -- but the tank? That's
crazy!)

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 06:58:41 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>>
>> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
>> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
>>
>> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
>>
>> Boron

>You're not supposed to clean it. Just let that brown
>stuff bake on. It doesn't touch the food, so who cares?

I don't want to clean it for the pure sake of sparkly clean - I just
want to make sure that the unit does not start to smoke from anything
that is burned on.

>This reminds me of an old Ann Landers column in which
>a reader said she was surprised to find out that some
>of her friends were cleaning the inside of the toilet
>tank! The bowl, yes, but who cleans the tank? And why?
>(I've only recently come around to the point of view
>that the bowl should be cleaned -- but the tank? That's
>crazy!)

I have cleaned the inside of a tank or two. Nothing on a regular
basis, but once in awhile I've been known to do it.

Boron

Boron Elgar wrote:

> I don't want to clean it for the pure sake of sparkly clean
> - I just want to make sure that the unit does not start to
> smoke from anything that is burned on.

Mine is quite coated, and I've never noticed any smoke
from it. I'm sure some must be emitted while it's
getting baked on, but it's pretty stable, like an
enamel coating or something.

> >This reminds me of an old Ann Landers column in which
> >a reader said she was surprised to find out that some
> >of her friends were cleaning the inside of the toilet
> >tank! The bowl, yes, but who cleans the tank? And why?
> >(I've only recently come around to the point of view
> >that the bowl should be cleaned -- but the tank? That's
> >crazy!)

> I have cleaned the inside of a tank or two. Nothing on a
> regular basis, but once in awhile I've been known to do it.

Okay . . . . .

I haven't used my rotisserie for over a year,mainly because of the
PITA of cleaning it.But,yesterday I had a small[3lb]prime rib,and
Idecided the only way to do it without getting the ends overdone was
the rotiss-it came out perfect!![brag!!]
I will dis-assemble it as much as I can,soak the pieces in the
sink,then just wipe the inside with any kitchen cleaner I have handy
and rinse it well with plain water.[Not a good idea to touch the heat
element,it will clean itself anyway.
The best food I have found for this unit is Pork Roast.it always comes
out great,but it is also the messiest thing to cook in it!!!

On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 21:54:28 -0500, Boron Elgar
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On 2 Jan 2006 03:52:06 +0100, Wayne Boatwright
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Sun 01 Jan 2006 07:44:33p, Thus Spake Zarathustra, or was it Boron Elgar?
>>
>>> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
>>> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
>>>
>>> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
>>>
>>> Boron

>>LOL! They promise it's a breeze to cook in. They didn't promise it would be
>>a breeze to clean. I thought about that factor long and hard before I
>>decided not to buy one.
>>
>>If someone has an easy solution to cleaning it, I might reconsider buying
>>one.

>Maybe he'll come out with an invention to clean it.
>
>Boron

Would it be possible to put foil on the sides somehow?

Sue(tm)

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 07:45:01 -0800, Mark Thorson <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>>

>> I have cleaned the inside of a tank or two. Nothing on a
>> regular basis, but once in awhile I've been known to do it.

>Okay . . . . .

It can get slimy and I have a kid allergic to molds. It is preventive,
more than anything.

Boron

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:12:06 GMT, [email protected] (Curly
Sue) wrote:

>>Maybe he'll come out with an invention to clean it.

>Would it be possible to put foil on the sides somehow?

I do not think so, but since no one here who has one seems to think it
will amount to trouble down the road, I'll leave it alone.

Boron

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:25:24 -0500, Boron Elgar
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:20:14 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Yeah, and I got barbecue sauce all over my fingers. You owe me a
> >keyboard!

> The pleasure is all mine. I have a box full in the basement. Take your
> pick.

I want one that clicks quietly and where you can still see all the
letters and numbers. And I'll take one for Crash, too, if that's all
right. <G>

Carol

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:51:08 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
<[email protected]> wrote:

>On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:25:24 -0500, Boron Elgar
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:20:14 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >Yeah, and I got barbecue sauce all over my fingers. You owe me a
>> >keyboard!

>> The pleasure is all mine. I have a box full in the basement. Take your
>> pick.

>I want one that clicks quietly and where you can still see all the
>letters and numbers. And I'll take one for Crash, too, if that's all
>right. <G>
>
>Carol

The noisy ones with missing letters and numbers are why they wound up
in the basement in the first place.

Boron

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 13:15:16 -0500, Boron Elgar
<[email protected]> wrote:

> On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 11:51:08 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 09:25:24 -0500, Boron Elgar
> ><[email protected]> wrote:

> >> The pleasure is all mine. I have a box full in the basement. Take your
> >> pick.

> >I want one that clicks quietly and where you can still see all the
> >letters and numbers. And I'll take one for Crash, too, if that's all
> >right. <G>
> >
> >Carol

> The noisy ones with missing letters and numbers are why they wound up
> in the basement in the first place.

LOL! Thanks, but no thanks. <cheesy grin>

Carol

Boron Elgar wrote:
> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:59:11 -0500, Boron Elgar
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Chicken is next!

>>Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
>>
>>Carol

> I suppose you were just winging it!
>
> Boron

<Thigh> She doesn't have a leg to stand on.

All together now...groan!

gloria p

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:54:56 GMT, Puester <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>> On Sun, 01 Jan 2006 22:02:35 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Doesn't get a whole lot cheeper than that. Sorry, I just had to.
>>>
>>>Carol

>> I suppose you were just winging it!
>>
>> Boron

><Thigh> She doesn't have a leg to stand on.
>

>All together now...groan!

Shhh...beak-why-it or people will get peckish.

Boron

Boron Elgar wrote:

> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
>
> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
>
> Boron

With great difficulty. That's why we don't use ours all that much. Takes
nearly as long to get the thing genuinely clean as it took to cook the
meat.

As soon as the meat is out of the ronco, put all the removable bits
(including the heat reflector) of the grill into a sink full of very hot
water and washing up liquid. Let that soak while eating. The inside and
the glass door need to be wiped down with soapy water and rinsed. The
metal (not enamelled) bits usually need attacking with steel wool.

Put a piece of foil into the drip tray before putting on the perforated
rack. That helps a little.

On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 16:10:19 -0700, Arri London <[email protected]>
wrote:

>Boron Elgar wrote:
>>
>> We made a boneless leg of lamb in the Ronco tonight. It turned out
>> perfectly. No complaints whatsoever.
>>
>> Now...how the hell do I clean the inside of the thing?
>>
>> Boron

>With great difficulty. That's why we don't use ours all that much. Takes
>nearly as long to get the thing genuinely clean as it took to cook the
>meat.
>
>As soon as the meat is out of the ronco, put all the removable bits
>(including the heat reflector) of the grill into a sink full of very hot
>water and washing up liquid. Let that soak while eating. The inside and
>the glass door need to be wiped down with soapy water and rinsed. The
>metal (not enamelled) bits usually need attacking with steel wool.
>
>Put a piece of foil into the drip tray before putting on the perforated
>rack. That helps a little.

The advice is appreciated.

Boron