First ride in a while. Really slow - damn.

MotownBikeBoy

Nov 24, 2012
Probably not unusual, but I got out last night for the first time in about 2 weeks. I did about 20 miles, but my overall average was only 11.8 mph. 11.8 mph? WTF? Looking back at my MapMyRide logged workouts since March, most of my rides are in the 15 mph average when I throw out my "junk" rides where I stopped but failed to pause the timer on MMR. A few very best rides are around 18 mph - rides done in the right geographic areas, right time of day and date, typically 3-6 am on a Sat or Sun, so that I was riding exclusively road. Due to traffic, other than rides between 3-5 am weekdays or about 3-6 weekends, I ride mainly safety trails/paths - those definitely bring down my speed. So, probably not unusual at all, in fact I have experienced this before myself - but a little disconcerting to think that I can fall so far away from a trained state in terms of muscle memory in such a short time.

Its not the two weeks... Its probably the several more layers of clothing and the cold due to winter...

After a long rest you should be probably faster not slower, at least thats how I feel after a couple days rest...

Possibly, but with me, up is always down - I seem to never conform to the typical pattern.

Originally Posted by MotownBikeBoy

Possibly, but with me, up is always down - I seem to never conform to the typical pattern.
big-smile.png

"I find my self on the planet Ogo..."
big-smile.png

0.jpg