first ride of the year

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Monique Y. Herm, Mar 14, 2004.

  1. It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    again, though.

    --
    monique

    Tags:

  2. Slacker

    Slacker Guest

    Monique Y. Herman wrote:

    > It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    > Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    > again, though.

    Of the year??? It's March 14th!
    --
    Slacker

  3. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    > It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    > Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    > again, though.

    Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It
    used to be good water bar practice up and down.

    Shawn

  4. On 2004-03-14, Slacker penned:
    > Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >
    >> It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    >> Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    >> again, though.
    >>

    > Of the year??? It's March 14th! -- Slacker

    Yup. When it's cold and snowy, I ski.

    --
    monique

  5. On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:
    > Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >> It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    >> Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    >> again, though.
    >>
    > Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It
    > used to be good water bar practice up and down.

    I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry.
    There do seem to be a lot of bikes of the mountain variety
    coming up the road that meets up with Jay and get to 36
    that way ...

    What's water bar practice?

    --
    monique

  6. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    Monique Y. Herman wrote:

    > On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:
    >
    >>Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >>
    >>>It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    >>>Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    >>>again, though.
    >>>

    >>Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It
    >>used to be good water bar practice up and down.
    >

    > I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry.
    > There do seem to be a lot of bikes of the mountain variety
    > coming up the road that meets up with Jay and get to 36
    > that way ...
    >
    > What's water bar practice?

    Here's the general area. Looks like the call it Cobalt trail
    now.p://www.ci.boulder.co.us/openspace/gis/trailheads/trailhead-
    bvr2.htm Water bars are those logs they put across trails to
    divert water off the trail and decrease erosion. A pain for
    beginners, especially going up. Mostly an excuse to catch
    air once you get the hang of them.

    Shawn

  7. Dave W

    Dave W Guest

    Slacker <[email protected]> had this to say news:[email protected]
    191655.news.uni-berlin.de

    > Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >
    >> It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    >> Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    >> again, though.
    >>

    > Of the year??? It's March 14th!
    > --
    > Slacker

    fer real. My first one was 01/01/04.

  8. G.T.

    G.T. Guest

    Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    > On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:
    >
    >>Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    >>
    >>>It wasn't much; just two loops around a dirt road called
    >>>Eagle near the Boulder reservoir. Good to be on a bike
    >>>again, though.
    >>>

    >>Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36? It
    >>used to be good water bar practice up and down.
    >

    > I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry.
    > There do seem to be a lot of bikes of the mountain variety
    > coming up the road that meets up with Jay and get to 36
    > that way ...
    >
    > What's water bar practice?

    You ride to the local water bar, drink overpriced specialty
    waters, and practice picking up whatever attractive soul
    floats your boat.

    Greg "JD is right" T.

  9. Jd

    Jd Guest

    Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Of the year??? It's March 14th!

    There are mountain bikers and then there are people on
    mountain bikes.

    JD

  10. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    JD wrote:
    > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > berlin.de>...
    >
    >>Of the year??? It's March 14th!
    >

    > There are mountain bikers and then there are people on
    > mountain bikes.
    >
    > JD

    Well, I finally rejoined the crowd on mountain bikes today.
    My wrist was still a little sore, but not overly painful. A
    couple of wheelie drops and bunny hops reminded me all
    wasn't totally rosy, though. Post-ride analysis seems to
    indicate that I hadn't done any harm to it by riding, I am
    quite pleased to report. I guess this means that I can get
    back on my bike. Thanks god for that- it has been a VERRRY
    long time since New Year's day, and I have ben going a bit
    crazy for lack of saddle time.

    See you out on the trails.

    miles

  11. Jd

    Jd Guest

    "G.T." <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Monique Y. Herman wrote:
    > > What's water bar practice?
    > >

    > You ride to the local water bar, drink overpriced
    > specialty waters, and practice picking up whatever
    > attractive soul floats your boat.
    >
    > Greg "JD is right" T.

    HAHAHAHA

    JD

  12. Jd

    Jd Guest

    miles todd <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > JD wrote:
    > > Slacker <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]
    > > berlin.de>...
    > >
    > >>Of the year??? It's March 14th!
    > >

    > > There are mountain bikers and then there are people on
    > > mountain bikes.
    > >
    > > JD
    >
    > Well, I finally rejoined the crowd on mountain bikes
    > today. My wrist was still a little sore, but not overly
    > painful. A couple of wheelie drops and bunny hops reminded
    > me all wasn't totally rosy, though. Post-ride analysis
    > seems to indicate that I hadn't done any harm to it by
    > riding, I am quite pleased to report. I guess this means
    > that I can get back on my bike. Thanks god for that- it
    > has been a VERRRY long time since New Year's day, and I
    > have ben going a bit crazy for lack of saddle time.
    >
    > See you out on the trails.
    >
    > miles

    It's good to hear you are back out there after being rag-
    dolled so heinously. BTW, the Angry Man just got his cast
    off (broken wrist) last week and we spent a few hours on 18
    Rd yesterday. He said it was hurting, but the pain was
    overshadowed by the riding.

    JD

  13. Shawn Curry...
    > >>Is Eagle trail still opened to MTB up the mesa to H36?
    > >>It used to be good water bar practice up and down.
    > >

    > > I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry
    > >
    > Here's the general area. Looks like the call it Cobalt
    > trail now.//www.ci.boulder.co.us/openspace/gis/trailheads/trailhead-
    > bvr2.htm

    Cobalt is closed to bikes, unfortunately. I live in the lower-
    left corner of that map, btw.

    Mark

  14. Shawn Curry

    Shawn Curry Guest

    Mark Bockmann wrote:

    > Shawn Curry...

    >>>I'm not sure where you mean, so I can't say =/ Sorry
    >>>

    >>Here's the general area. Looks like the call it Cobalt
    >>trail now.//www.ci.boulder.co.us/openspace/gis/trailheads/trailhead-
    >>bvr2.htm
    >

    > Cobalt is closed to bikes, unfortunately.

    > Mark

    Figures. We used to ride from Lee Hill Rd. to Eldorado
    Canyon on Mountain Parks trails legally , more or less-Part
    of Mesa trail was "closed" to bikes, but we'd ride right
    past rangers :) Too much money in Boulder to allow that to
    continue I guess.

    Shawn

  15. On 2004-03-15, Shawn Curry penned:

    > Figures. We used to ride from Lee Hill Rd. to Eldorado
    > Canyon on Mountain Parks trails legally , more or less-
    > Part of Mesa trail was "closed" to bikes, but we'd ride
    > right past rangers :) Too much money in Boulder to allow
    > that to continue I guess.

    I just sent my $25 to the BOA, a Boulder mountain bike
    advocacy group. I'm hoping to contribute more than just
    money, though (especially since that amount is pretty tiny).

    I don't know if they're making any progress, but I do know
    that I don't want mountain biking to be outlawed before I
    really even get to know it!

    --
    monique

  16. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    JD wrote:

    > It's good to hear you are back out there after being rag-
    > dolled so heinously. BTW, the Angry Man just got his cast
    > off (broken wrist) last week and we spent a few hours on
    > 18 Rd yesterday. He said it was hurting, but the pain was
    > overshadowed by the riding.
    >
    > JD

    That's pretty much my sentiment, too. A bit painful, but
    completely necessary.

    I hope to be back up to full speed before too long.

    Miles

  17. Bob Rogers

    Bob Rogers Guest

  18. Miles Todd

    Miles Todd Guest

    JD wrote:

    > BTW, the Angry Man just got his cast off (broken wrist)
    > last week and we spent a few hours on 18 Rd yesterday.
    > He said it was hurting, but the pain was overshadowed by
    > the riding.
    >
    > JD

    I would have to recommend these:

    > http://www.vsportgroup.com/gear/support_wristwrap.html

    They help me quite a bit. Worth every penny.

    Miles