First Road Bike Purchase

Cbrown15105

Jan 14, 2014
I am purchasing my first road bike and am not sure what to get. I have been looking and have several options I am thinking of. However my main question is about the Cannondale Caad10, specifically the Caad10 5 105. I know this bike is very much a race inspired design.

Long story short, if I have an opportunity to buy one for around $850 (new), should I? I am just wondering what you guys think about this being my first bike. I am not considering races anytime soon or even in the near future. I am just looking to ride and get in better health, but may later look at local rides/races. Any info, suggestions, and info would be much appreciated.

I would suggest going to a local bike fit shop and having them get you fit on their fit bike and then use the measurements they give you and suggestions on frame size etc to choose your first bike. This will probably cost a hundred bucks or so but will get you a much better idea of what you should be riding over what guys on the internet say. A good bike fit is crucial to your enjoyment especially when starting out. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally Posted by Cbrown15105
I am purchasing my first road bike and am not sure what to get. I have been looking and have several options I am thinking of. However my main question is about the Cannondale Caad10, specifically the Caad10 5 105. I know this bike is very much a race inspired design.

Long story short, if I have an opportunity to buy one for around $850 (new), should I? I am just wondering what you guys think about this being my first bike. I am not considering races anytime soon or even in the near future. I am just looking to ride and get in better health, but may later look at local rides/races. Any info, suggestions, and info would be much appreciated.
If the model on sale fits you it's a great price for a bike with a good reputation. A cheaper bike that fits well is better than a more expensive one that doesn't. It would be a fine race machine, once again provided it fits you.

Getting nostalgic to comment on this when i chose my first one, it is still the most precious to me.I had paid attention to the combination of durability and suitability to my physic.