First time Crit track..!

Roquen

Apr 27, 2003
Hi everyone,
Im heading to landsdowne this Sat arvo to have a go. club racing. im going to enter in d grade, this is my first race EVER..17km or so, about 8 laps Ive been told..

I figure I have to start somewhere, something low key like this wont scare me away either :) Im still doing track, but want to have a go at everything, and then concentrate on whatever I end up being best at..

wish me luck!

Any race tips - i have NO idea what to expect, what the rules are, what the etiquette is..!!!

Hey there Ness, it is Brad. Give Irene a call as we race not to far away from your new house. We might be able to arrange something for you.

Cheers for now. Call us.
Brad

Hey Brad,
Irene emailed me, I just sent her off a reply.
Im going to race fri nights asap - just got to find a track bike etc..

any tips for me?

Hey, did u end up racing at Landsdown????It was wet so i didn't race.

The crit course is good. I had my first race there.
The best part of the track is the first banked corner at the bottom of the hill where you reach bout 60km/h.

Jonny

Hey dude, nope, I rang Peter Harvey and he said for my first ride, it probably wasnt a good idea, plus he couldnt guarantee is was going to still be on or not, I should be right to go this sat, you going?

what grade?

ness

yeah im gonna try and race this sat. I just had my wisdom teeth out but i should be fine by sat.

Im gonna race C grade, the last race i had 2 weeks ago i managed just to finish.(havnt been training all summer)

It can be a bit hairy there even in C grade. Some people dont hold their lines through corners. As long as you have good bunch riding skills u should be right.

Jonny

lol, ive never ridden in a bunch, im doing d grade... how fast will it be roughly? im scared !!!!

I averaged 34km/h in c grade, prob be bout 32km/h in d grade.
I suggest you get your bunch riding skills up if u aint ever ridden in a bunch.
I guess the tips to follow if you havnt raced b4 is:
1. Dont cross wheels
2. dont brake suddenly
3. Hold your line and don't make any erratic movements
4. keep your eyes up on whats happening up the front of the bunch instead of the wheel directly infront of you.

ummm dont know if i missed any

u should be right

Jonny