First true Australian in Tour de France.

Discussion in 'Australia and New Zealand' started by Marty, Feb 2, 2004.

  1. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Who was the first Australian born person to win a stage in the Tour de France? Who are the other
    Australian born stage winners.

    Marty

    Tags:

  2. Spider1977

    Spider1977 New Member

    Joined:
    Jul 19, 2003
    Buy the book Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oui, Oui, Oui o rget it from your local library. That will answer your question.

  3. Marty

    Marty Guest

    Spider1977 <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Marty wrote:
    > > Who was the first Australian born person to win a stage in the Tour de France? Who are the
    > > other Australian born stage winners. Marty
    >

    > Buy the book Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oui, Oui, Oui o rget it from your local library. That will
    > answer your question.

    No it doesn't because the book doesn't mention that Phil Anderson was born a Pom.

    I want to know who the first true blue aussie to win a stage is.

    Marty

  4. waffle

    waffle New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 9, 2003
    do a Google search and when you know the answer please let us all know

  5. Marty

    Marty Guest

    waffle <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > do a Google search and when you know the answer please let us all know
    >

    > --

    Looks like Neil Stephens (Stevo) is Australias first true blue stage winner.

    Born: October 1, 1963, in Canberra.

    1997: Joined French professional team Festina. First in stage 17 Fribourg - Colmar where he crossed
    the line rocking his arms in a cradling motion to dedicate the win to his newborn daughter and
    finished 54th in the Tour de France