First two Dekkers, now two Boonens?

Discussion in 'Road Cycling' started by Ewoud Dronkert, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. Dekker the Elder won the RvN yesterday, to his delight of course, but on
    his website http://www.erikdekker.nl/news.php?id=258 he says he would
    have been equally happy had Wauters won (who would then have won the
    Ronde). He felt for Wauters, who had already been called to the podium
    and then heard he lost to Dekker by 12/1000 of a second. He did think
    that he himself was the best man on the road that day. The GP Eddy
    Merckx the next day was a second chance, to win both together.

    And Dekker did win the GP Eddy Merckx! But it was Thomas, Dekker the
    Younger, together with Koen de Kort from Rabo div III... Incredible
    (sorry Dan) ride by the youngsters to hold off Voigt/Julich and
    Peschel/Rich (and Dekker/Wauters). Seventh were Boonen and Knaven.

    And then there's Boonen II apparently, who won the road derny race
    Omloop Mandel-Leie-Schelde... What happened there, Jeff?

    Tags:

  2. Kenny

    Kenny Guest

    Ewoud Dronkert <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Dekker the Elder won the RvN yesterday, to his delight of course, but on
    > his website http://www.erikdekker.nl/news.php?id=258 he says he would
    > have been equally happy had Wauters won (who would then have won the
    > Ronde). He felt for Wauters, who had already been called to the podium
    > and then heard he lost to Dekker by 12/1000 of a second. He did think
    > that he himself was the best man on the road that day. The GP Eddy
    > Merckx the next day was a second chance, to win both together.
    >
    > And Dekker did win the GP Eddy Merckx! But it was Thomas, Dekker the
    > Younger, together with Koen de Kort from Rabo div III... Incredible
    > (sorry Dan) ride by the youngsters to hold off Voigt/Julich and
    > Peschel/Rich (and Dekker/Wauters). Seventh were Boonen and Knaven.
    >
    > And then there's Boonen II apparently, who won the road derny race
    > Omloop Mandel-Leie-Schelde... What happened there, Jeff?

    Boonen II = Boonen I

  3. Boonen II rode the day before ?

    BTW I attended the GP Merckx but wasn't in time to see the winners :)

  4. On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:19:41 GMT, Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:
    > Boonen II rode the day before ?

    Yeah I figured the races were actually on different days, but on CN they
    are both dated 29 Aug.

    > BTW I attended the GP Merckx but wasn't in time to see the winners :)

    They are soooo fast.

  5. Jeff Jones

    Jeff Jones Guest

    > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:19:41 GMT, Bart Van Hoorebeeck wrote:
    > > Boonen II rode the day before ?

    > Yeah I figured the races were actually on different days, but on CN they
    > are both dated 29 Aug.

    Human error. See what happens when I go away? The whole thing falls apart I
    tell you.

    Jeff